How long does it take for an anon thread to appear? watch

ReputationRep:
    I need urgent advice and my anonymous thread still hasnt been posted, how long does it take? I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it took this long Sorry ik its random I just want to know when it'll be up as I need advice on this topic before I leave in an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrozenSteph)
    I need urgent advice and my anonymous thread still hasnt been posted, how long does it take? I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it took this long Sorry ik its random I just want to know when it'll be up as I need advice on this topic before I leave in an hour
    That will depend on when the moderation team are available to review the thread. I know that this won't be an overly positive answer for you, but there's no definitive timescale. I'd hope that it should be no longer than a couple of hours (unless you post in the early hours of the morning, say), but there's no certainty on that. You should get an automated email notification once the thread has been reviewed - hopefully you'll not be waiting too much longer!

ReputationRep:
    And also ask for this thread to be deleted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adipoptosis)
    And also ask for this thread to be deleted.
    Why? This thread doesn't have any specific details that would link back to the thread in question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Why? This thread doesn't have any specific details that would link back to the thread in question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so. But may be the thread in question has some specific details that link back to OP. I dunno, I just would.

ReputationRep:
    That will depend on when the moderation team are available to review the thread. I know that this won't be an overly positive answer for you, but there's no definitive timescale. I'd hope that it should be no longer than a couple of hours (unless you post in the early hours of the morning, say), but there's no certainty on that. You should get an automated email notification once the thread has been reviewed - hopefully you'll not be waiting too much longer!
    I think that it still hasn't been accepted I guess I'll just have to wait but thanks for telling me about the email!

ReputationRep:
    I think that it still hasn't been accepted I guess I'll just have to wait but thanks for telling me about the email!

I wish there was something that I could do! Unfortunately where a thread passes to the moderation queue it needs manual review before it will appear on the site. If it gets to tomorrow and it's still not been reviewed I'd suggest posting a thread in Ask An H&R Moderator to chase on the status (include the thread title).

ReputationRep:

I wish there was something that I could do! Unfortunately where a thread passes to the moderation queue it needs manual review before it will appear on the site. If it gets to tomorrow and it's still not been reviewed I'd suggest posting a thread in Ask An H&R Moderator to chase on the status (include the thread title).
    I gave up and tried to solve my problem alone. Luckily I managed to do it! So that means I dont really care about the thread anymore, it will still be interesting to see how others would solve it though
    Thanks for trying to help anyways!

ReputationRep:
    I gave up and tried to solve my problem alone. Luckily I managed to do it! So that means I dont really care about the thread anymore, it will still be interesting to see how others would solve it though
    Thanks for trying to help anyways!
    Ah, that's good news then - at least as far as it can be!
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by scotstudent)
    On a similar note: Can moderators see username or email address for anon posts? i.e. is it anonymous even to mods
    If the mods have powers in the section where you're posting using the anonymous function (I.e. in the Health and Relationships forums) then yes, we can see usernames. We never reveal the identity though of people who post anonymously and nor do we ever judge people for it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.