Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey fellow humans

so this is me. Trying to find an answer. A solution.

what do you do when you want something so unbelievably bad but you cant have that because the world makes it out to be a bad thing?

what do you do when you have an urge that is illegal in most of the world?

what do you do when you feel so trapped and alone in your own mind?

when you cant share your secret because then you will become a secret. A secret buried six feet underground.

who do you have to talk to when you believe everyone will cut you out of their lives?

where can you go when you don't want to leave home?

who do you be when you cant be yourself?

when you cant go a day without censoring your life. your actions. your words. your dress code.

how should you feel when everyday you are told that being yourself is an abomination?

when you pray with all you have to god that you could be different but your prayers are left unanswered?

what do you do with all these unanswered questions?

what do you do when you start hating yourself for something you cannot help but be?

its not my fault, I was made that way.

whose fault is it?

my parents? nature or nurture, they play a part.

god? he created me didn't he?

or just maybe, its not something that should be blamed on someone because just maybe its not a bad thing and just maybe i can be myself and just MAYBE... i can be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I ask the questions you do but I have to realise there are other people in this world too so I can't be selfish.

ReputationRep:
    Wait are you gay muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    I ask the questions you do but I have to realise there are other people in this world too so I can't be selfish.
    Being yourself is an act of selfishness?

OP: I truly empathise with you, I can't imagine how difficult it must be in your position and having to censor and hide your true self from those around you. Why do you feel you can't escape? There must be organisations out there that assist with this sort of thing.

Edit: Like the one posted below.

ReputationRep:
    http://imaanlondon.wordpress.com/islam-sexuality/

Here is a website for UK-based LGBT muslims. It has lots of information and I'm sure if you emailed them with your queries they'd be glad to help you figure out your identity in the context of your religion!

I'm not muslim, but I'm sure your god made you perfect just the way you are. Being lesbian or gay or bisexual or transgender is perfectly normal and not at all a "fault". And you should remember, people don't always react how you think they will. Sometimes the people who support you and love you for who you are, are the ones you least expected to.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's not a bad thing to be gay.

You can be yourself.

Don't be bounded by people dead thousands of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Wait are you gay muslim?
    yes I'm Bi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suudsioee)
    what do you do when you want something so unbelievably bad but you cant have that because the world makes it out to be a bad thing?
    In the twenty-first century West, no-one with a brainstem sees being gay as bad.

what do you do when you have an urge that is illegal in most of the world?
    Be thankful you're not in one of those crappy places.

what do you do when you feel so trapped and alone in your own mind?
    Talk!

when you cant share your secret because then you will become a secret. A secret buried six feet underground.
    Get away from people who would do such a thing, they obviously don't care about you.

who do you have to talk to when you believe everyone will cut you out of their lives?
    As above.

who do you be when you cant be yourself?
    A depressed self-hating person living a lie.

when you cant go a day without censoring your life. your actions. your words. your dress code.
    Get yourself out of there and live as you want.

how should you feel when everyday you are told that being yourself is an abomination?
    Wonder who someone that worships a long dead paedo is to call anyone an abomination.

when you pray with all you have to god that you could be different but your prayers are left unanswered?
    Try something constructive instead.

what do you do when you start hating yourself for something you cannot help but be?
    Stop hating yourself and just be.

its not my fault, I was made that way.
    It's not a fault at all.

[QUOTE]whose fault is it?

my parents? nature or nurture, they play a part./QUOTE]
    Don't obsess about the "why", just play the card you have. Fortunately you live in the civilized world, where people realise there's nothing wrong with being LGBT.

or just maybe, its not something that should be blamed on someone because just maybe its not a bad thing and just maybe i can be myself and just MAYBE... i can be happy.
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    Well you can pray to be 'cured'.

ReputationRep:
    yes I'm Bi
    Ask Allah, he will guide you to be straight or atleast help you keep your desires secret insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    Well you can pray to be 'cured'.
    Except one can't be "cured" of being bisexual. It's like saying you can be cured for having brown hair - sure, you can bleach it blonde, but it damages the hair and you can't keep the facade up for long.

ReputationRep:
    Ask Allah, he will guide you to be straight or atleast help you keep your desires secret insha'Allah.
    Trust me what do you think I've been doing ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suirrel)
    http://imaanlondon.wordpress.com/islam-sexuality/

Here is a website for UK-based LGBT muslims. It has lots of information and I'm sure if you emailed them with your queries they'd be glad to help you figure out your identity in the context of your religion!

I'm not muslim, but I'm sure your god made you perfect just the way you are. Being lesbian or gay or bisexual or transgender is perfectly normal and not at all a "fault". And you should remember, people don't always react how you think they will. Sometimes the people who support you and love you for who you are, are the ones you least expected to.

Good luck!
    will check it out thanks

ReputationRep:
    will check it out thanks
    No problem! I hope all goes well for you and you find the support you need!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me what do you think I've been doing ?
    Would you like that I talk to you?

ReputationRep:
    Brother I just want to add, before you make your mind up about whose fault it is and what am I... And all that stuff, I think personally you should not blame parents, but instead have a clear mind, what I mean is free yourself from this Worldly stress and deeply think about your life in general in peace, and then say what your outcome is, because brother if you say your bi, thus means you do have desires for women but the desires for me could be an illusion, or a smokescreen, if you are a teenager it could be this, and please don't listen to the idiots who don't know Islam, student room is unfortunatly don't have the capacity to respect or understand Islam, so don't let them sway your mind, keep your religion firm in your heart and be calm, these trials ad tribulations are a way closer to Allah, all the best man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I meant *men

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifeislong)
    I meant *men

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmao thanks and im a girl

ReputationRep:
    Would you like that I talk to you?
    okay..

ReputationRep:
    No, God didn't create you because he doesn't exist.

There is nothing wrong with being gay.

There is something wrong with bigoted religious beliefs which teach you that you were created by an imaginary god who supposedly thinks it is wrong for you to act on the perfectly legitimate desires that he himself (supposedly) imposed upon you.

Someday gays, atheists, apostates and blasphemers will be free to live their lives no matter what country they find themselves in. Someday the Islamic world will be free. Whether by then it will still be "Islamic" I do not know. Neither do I care.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.