Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It takes me HOURS to focus on uni work and I don't know why!

Take today, for example. I got into uni for about 1pm.

Between 1pm - 3pm I couldn't focus on anything - was just procrastinating.

Between 3pm and 7pm I was on-off working. I'd get into my work but then lose interest and just end up procrastinating again...

7pm onwards though... really got into my work. It became more and more interesting. By 10pm I was hammering out words and racing through journals.

Stopped at 11pm to give me time to wind down before catching the bus but I was feeling ALIVE and passionate about my dissertation.

Overall today I spend 10 hours in uni, only 4 of which were productive. This is the same thing that happens every single day... Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix myself?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm not at uni, I'm doing my A2's; but I've experienced that and quite regularly. I blame it on having a lot of work, to a point where I am stressed and pressured to finish it. I tend to get easily distracted with my phone or just looking out the window.

My advice is, don't sit there if you can't work. Go and do something else, make a coffee or something. Apparently our brains can work effectively every 20 minutes. So, work 20 minutes, have a 5-10 minute break, then get back to work for 20 minutes.

Hope it helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.