Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I was wondering if any of you could predict what might come
    up in the pyschology core studies paper in May.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Elidah007)
    Hi guys!
    I was wondering if any of you could predict what might come
    up in the psychology core studies paper in May.
    Hi there

I've moved this to the study help psychology forum for you, hopefully someone else who is studying for the OCR exam will see this too.

Good luck with your studies :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I took this exam last year so if it's any help to you I can tell you what is very unlikely to come up in your exam next year. In my exam the three studies that you could choose from in section B were Dement and Kleitman, Thigpen and Cleckley and Reicher and Haslam. The questions focused on the use of self-report in the studies (and the findings, stuff like that). In section C the 2 approaches/perspectives were the cognitive approach and the behaviourist perspective. One thing that you need to take notice of is that OCR was naughty and changed the questions slightly in this section last year without warning, so the questions in previous papers that you can access will not necessarily be the same as what you may get in your paper this May.

I believe Maguire is the study that has least frequently appeared, so there may be a chance that Maguire will come up. The other two studies will somehow be related to Maguire (this could be in terms of methodology, the sample, the type of study etc).

If you need other help with this course I can try and help you with it. Hope this has helped a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very very much, this is so useful thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.