Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are people so insensitive and disrespectful towards different beliefs watch

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hi, [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I am new to this website and I have been looking through many forums. I am just wondering why are people that was not religious so offensive towards others religion and assume things like their god is a pervert. I know this is a discussion form and freedom of speech but how can someone be so insensitive to other peoples beliefs. I am not just talking about non religion people attacking regions people. It happens the other way around too. Just the other day I was watching video of a clearly religious person calling names and saying if people do not follow their religion they will have horrible death. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]What is wrong with this world? Why are you even attacking each other and forcing their opinion on each other. I think people need to take a step back and see that this fabrication of hate and dividing people regards to their beliefs is not going to make anything better. This world needs peace and harmony not criticising and separating people with their appearance and religion. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    No belief or ideology is immune from criticism or mockery. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)
    Have you checked the news today?
    Still not a good enough reason to be so hateful towards each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No belief or ideology is immune from criticism or mockery. End of.
    Ofcourse it is not immune hence this forum was made. I do not understand why people cannot respect each others beliefs that's all. Arguments are created due to mockery and criticising.. Isn't it best to just avoid it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4478)
    Ofcourse it is not immune hence this forum was made. I do not understand why people cannot respect each others beliefs that's all. Arguments are created due to mockery and criticising.. Isn't it best to just avoid it?
    Why are you arguing with people who disagree with you here then? Why can't you just avoid this altogether?

ReputationRep:
    Being intolerant of intolerance is not the same as being simply intolerant.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing to respect in a reactionary, sexist, homophobic, apostate-killing, adulterer-stoning, paedophile-idolising intolerant ideology that is completely at odds with Western society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    Why are you arguing with people who disagree with you here then? Why can't you just avoid this altogether?
    I am not arguing with people that's not agreeing with me. There is nothing to avoid here. I am not creating any drama here. People beliefs are a part of who they are so this kinda situation is bullying. I completely understand people have different opinions. Isn't it better to keep horrible opinions about others to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4478)
    I respect your right to hold any belief you choose, but that doesn't mean I have to respect the belief itself. Do you support Hitler's beliefs, Stalin's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4478)
    I am not arguing with people that's not agreeing with me. There is nothing to avoid here. I am not creating any drama here. People beliefs are a part of who they are so this kinda situation is bullying. I completely understand people have different opinions. Isn't it better to keep horrible opinions about others to yourself.
    If they can't justify their beliefs and rely on 'it takes faith' AND their beliefs are damaging and hateful, why should we respect them.

Do you respect the BNP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4478)
    I assume you're referring here to the events in France?
    So, by "insensitive towards each other beliefs" - do you mean like insulting someone insensitive or shooting them dead insensitive?
    Because those two scenarios are not equal.
    If there's an equal and opposite reaction for the action of mocking someone, then what happened in France is certainly not it.
    If the mockery of a certain person or persons is enough to cause such disproportionate outrage, don't you think that that is a matter that needs to be addressed and not merely swept under the carpet because "you shouldn't have said that anyway"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4478)
    I am not arguing with people that's not agreeing with me.
    You are. Like literally you are arguing with me and some other people in this very thread.

(Original post by 4478)
    There is nothing to avoid here. I am not creating any drama here.
    This is the drama.

(Original post by 4478)
    People beliefs are a part of who they are so this kinda situation is bullying.
    LOL. So when a child in the classroom says the Sun in England and the Sun in China are two different suns, people should not tell him/her that's wrong?

(Original post by 4478)
    I completely understand people have different opinions. Isn't it better to keep horrible opinions about others to yourself.
    So you have the opinion that some people have horrible opinions.

Why are you not keeping it to yourself?

Make yourself an example, lead the world. #BeTheChangeYouWantToSee

ReputationRep:
    where do you draw the line? should we respect the beliefs of nazis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I respect your right to hold any belief you choose, but that doesn't mean I have to respect the belief itself. Do you support Hitler's beliefs, Stalin's?
    I beg to differ;your comments on the Ex-soc are very derogatory brother PC.

Maybe respect isn't the right word,more on the lines of pure unadulterated hatred.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.