The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Question

Computer Science at KCl says:

Compulsory subjects
At least one of: Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics, Physics or Statistics. GCSE Maths grade B (or equivalent).

However the A Levels sections says:

A levels
AAB including grade B in at least one of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics. Additionally, GCSE (or equivalent) grade B in Mathematics.

I'm quite confused about what the 'Compulsory Subjects' is saying compared to the A Levels section.

The compulsory subjects does not include certain subjects such as Computing.
However, the A levels sections say that it does...

I am guessing Computing & ICT at A Level comes under Computer Science?
(edited 9 years ago)
bump
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Steven Kennedy

I am guessing Computing & ICT at A Level comes under Computer Science?

Short answer: yes, you guess correctly.

Long answer: the compulsory subjects section is not UK specific - it is a summary that whatever qualifications someone applies with, we want a subject in one of those areas, with the exact details varying between qualifications. For A-level students, the list is the one you quoted: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics.
Original post by DrAndrewColes
Short answer: yes, you guess correctly.

Long answer: the compulsory subjects section is not UK specific - it is a summary that whatever qualifications someone applies with, we want a subject in one of those areas, with the exact details varying between qualifications. For A-level students, the list is the one you quoted: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics.

Ahh okay, thanks.

I also emailed KCL and they said it was an error.

Quick Reply

Latest