Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science at KCl says:

Compulsory subjects
    At least one of: Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics, Physics or Statistics. GCSE Maths grade B (or equivalent).

However the A Levels sections says:

A levels
    AAB including grade B in at least one of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics. Additionally, GCSE (or equivalent) grade B in Mathematics.

I'm quite confused about what the 'Compulsory Subjects' is saying compared to the A Levels section.

The compulsory subjects does not include certain subjects such as Computing.
    However, the A levels sections say that it does...

I am guessing Computing & ICT at A Level comes under Computer Science?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steven Kennedy)
    I am guessing Computing & ICT at A Level comes under Computer Science?
    Short answer: yes, you guess correctly.

Long answer: the compulsory subjects section is not UK specific - it is a summary that whatever qualifications someone applies with, we want a subject in one of those areas, with the exact details varying between qualifications. For A-level students, the list is the one you quoted: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrAndrewColes)
    Short answer: yes, you guess correctly.

Long answer: the compulsory subjects section is not UK specific - it is a summary that whatever qualifications someone applies with, we want a subject in one of those areas, with the exact details varying between qualifications. For A-level students, the list is the one you quoted: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics.
    Ahh okay, thanks.

I also emailed KCL and they said it was an error.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.