Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Meeting Someone for the first time watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, as bad as this sounds i am currently seeing someone i met in tinder. I've met with others from tinder but they have been purely for one intention.

This time it is different. I started speaking him for just about three weeks now, but wive got on so well. All over Christmas we have been snap chatting, skyping, texting etc.

We literally click so well on Skype when we are talking, we just get on so well it feels like i've know him for longer. we have obviously spoke about some of the naughtier things too which is fabulous as i believe that is an important part of any relationship.

I am going to meet him for the first time this Friday and i'm so excited because i really really do like him and i want to see how things go, but i'm worried what he will think of me. Like i said yes he has seen all parts of me BUT i am a larger girl. I use the term lightly but i weigh about 19 stone so yes i am big. I'm quite tall though so it doesn't look as bad is one may think.

He knows this i have told him and he knows how much i weigh, he also knows I'm worried but he always responded well you don't look that big, but he hasn't seen me in person yet and i'm just worried what he is going to act like when he does see me. i'm worried i am going to look bigger than he imagined, and the feelings he has wont be there anymore.

He has seen my pictures on Facebook ect (attached to this post), but this sounds really vain and its not how i mean it , but i do photograph well, or know how to take a good photo to hide my size. And to be honest i am more worried about my size when we get intimate, that is when i will be most worried, because i have the obvious lumps, bumps, over hangs whatever you want to call them that come with being fat.

He is a lovely guy and i know he will let me down nicely if that is the outcome but that's not what i want ! i want to spend time with him and get to know him.

I'm so worried, does anyone have any advice ?
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg 10693_1588671701356753_6615810857419313784_n.jpg (18.8 KB)
  2. File Type: jpg 1798168_1584208388469751_6771972592419389496_n.jpg (48.3 KB)
  3. File Type: jpg 10647221_10152413744808021_2710453800893587051_n.jpg (73.8 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon66)
    Okay so, as bad as this sounds i am currently seeing someone i met in tinder. I've met with others from tinder but they have been purely for one intention.

This time it is different. I started speaking him for just about three weeks now, but wive got on so well. All over Christmas we have been snap chatting, skyping, texting etc.

We literally click so well on Skype when we are talking, we just get on so well it feels like i've know him for longer. we have obviously spoke about some of the naughtier things too which is fabulous as i believe that is an important part of any relationship.

I am going to meet him for the first time this Friday and i'm so excited because i really really do like him and i want to see how things go, but i'm worried what he will think of me. Like i said yes he has seen all parts of me BUT i am a larger girl. I use the term lightly but i weigh about 19 stone so yes i am big. I'm quite tall though so it doesn't look as bad is one may think.

He knows this i have told him and he knows how much i weigh, he also knows I'm worried but he always responded well you don't look that big, but he hasn't seen me in person yet and i'm just worried what he is going to act like when he does see me. i'm worried i am going to look bigger than he imagined, and the feelings he has wont be there anymore.

He has seen my pictures on Facebook ect (attached to this post), but this sounds really vain and its not how i mean it , but i do photograph well, or know how to take a good photo to hide my size. And to be honest i am more worried about my size when we get intimate, that is when i will be most worried, because i have the obvious lumps, bumps, over hangs whatever you want to call them that come with being fat.

He is a lovely guy and i know he will let me down nicely if that is the outcome but that's not what i want ! i want to spend time with him and get to know him.

Stop worrying about it. If he's seen photos of you and skyped you he knows what you look like and he's obviously attracted to you. Most people look good when they photograph themselves, people are only going to take flattering shots of themselves. I doubt he would be shocked if you didn't look as glamorous as your profile pictures or whatever....

He might like bigger girls anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon66)

You'll have to post the pics on imgur or something in order to share them. If he's seen you on skype etc then I doubt he'll be shocked by your size, he must have some clue already? Go on Friday anyway, I don't think it'll be as awkward as you think it will be.

ReputationRep:
    May as well just go and see what happens, if he doesn't like you then fair enough.

Also you stated you are 19 stone to him already so it's not going to be a shock to the system. Guy sounds genuine and wants to talk to you so what is there to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    You'll have to post the pics on imgur or something in order to share them. If he's seen you on skype etc then I doubt he'll be shocked by your size, he must have some clue already? Go on Friday anyway, I don't think it'll be as awkward as you think it will be.

http://imgur.com/1wCaEMD
    http://imgur.com/XVafxE5
    http://imgur.com/7RNDQIT

can you see them now ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    May as well just go and see what happens, if he doesn't like you then fair enough.

Also you stated you are 19 stone to him already so it's not going to be a shock to the system. Guy sounds genuine and wants to talk to you so what is there to lose.
    He really is a nice guy, im going to go i guess its more fear of rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texx)
    Stop worrying about it. If he's seen photos of you and skyped you he knows what you look like and he's obviously attracted to you. Most people look good when they photograph themselves, people are only going to take flattering shots of themselves. I doubt he would be shocked if you didn't look as glamorous as your profile pictures or whatever....

He might like bigger girls anyway.
    thats true he might i just assume he dosent with the way he has acted when talking about it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.