Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be 19 going on 20 but I know plenty who are 20/21 when they start so shouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    21 one is still quite young. I started when I was 20 and was no where near the oldest. Also the older students tend to get better marks than the younger ones.

I'll be nearly 23 by the time I graudate.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to Birmingham this year and will be 24 when I start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I'll be nearly 23 by the time I graudate.

I'll be 32. That makes me a little sad!!!! 5 years without really earning anything! Hhe ho! The ends justify the means and all that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colemanballs)
    I am going to Birmingham this year and will be 24 when I start.
    yay!! another birmingham person!!!!!
    welcome!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)

I'll be 32. That makes me a little sad!!!! 5 years without really earning anything! Hhe ho! The ends justify the means and all that!
    Not really, its better to do that than being stuck in a rut working in a factory for £4 an hour for the rest of your life. There are people in their 40's and even one his early 50's on my course.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, its better to do that than being stuck in a rut working in a factory for £4 an hour for the rest of your life.
    Minimum wage is getting close to £5 now. Think of all the stuff you could buy from Argos with that kind of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colemanballs)
    Minimum wage is getting close to £5 now. Think of all the stuff you could buy from Argos with that kind of money.
    I, but think of all the stuff you can buy from Argos with £25 an hour

ReputationRep:
    If you are getting £25 an hour, chances are you'll be shopping at an Argos clone further up the chain that charges more.

My advice - get a paper round and do it until you are 60/65. Then with the £3 an hour you can live like royalty by shopping only at Poundstretchers.

Biiiiiiiiiiiirmingham!

ReputationRep:
    That's almost what I'm giving up

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm doing an Access course, I know lots of older students. The oldest one is 40, and she's going to go to Uni, and good luck to her. From what I've heard, universities like the enthusiasm of students who are a bit older. My course ranges from between 20 (me) to 40 years, so it's never too late!

ReputationRep:
    Most freshers here will be 17 when I begin my third semester, and I will be a big second year. Time to terrorise...

ReputationRep:
    I will be 22 when I start in september...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    i think thats too young to be honest but you probably dont care.
    Being 20 or 21 wont matter at all, freshers will mix with second and third years, there will be 18 year olds who look 21, and 21 year old who look 18 so dont worry.
    lol. Well, I'm very mature for a 16 year old (being a girl helps:P). Probably more mature than most people in my school. I think I can cope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    Ack! I'll be 16, going on 17...
    WOAH! SO not quite legal binge drinking then...

ReputationRep:
    i'll turn 19 about a month before i start uni. some of myfriends who are off to uni next year are 20 and 21 though so don#'t feel worried about it, you certainly wont be left out

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.