This discussion is closed.
eternalsunshine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I will be 19 going on 20 but I know plenty who are 20/21 when they start so shouldn't worry.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
21 one is still quite young. I started when I was 20 and was no where near the oldest. Also the older students tend to get better marks than the younger ones.

I'll be nearly 23 by the time I graudate.
colemanballs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am going to Birmingham this year and will be 24 when I start.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I'll be nearly 23 by the time I graudate.

I'll be 32. That makes me a little sad!!!! 5 years without really earning anything! Hhe ho! The ends justify the means and all that!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by colemanballs)
I am going to Birmingham this year and will be 24 when I start.
yay!! another birmingham person!!!!!
welcome!!!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)

I'll be 32. That makes me a little sad!!!! 5 years without really earning anything! Hhe ho! The ends justify the means and all that!
Not really, its better to do that than being stuck in a rut working in a factory for £4 an hour for the rest of your life. There are people in their 40's and even one his early 50's on my course.
colemanballs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not really, its better to do that than being stuck in a rut working in a factory for £4 an hour for the rest of your life.
Minimum wage is getting close to £5 now. Think of all the stuff you could buy from Argos with that kind of money.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by colemanballs)
Minimum wage is getting close to £5 now. Think of all the stuff you could buy from Argos with that kind of money.
I, but think of all the stuff you can buy from Argos with £25 an hour
colemanballs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you are getting £25 an hour, chances are you'll be shopping at an Argos clone further up the chain that charges more.

My advice - get a paper round and do it until you are 60/65. Then with the £3 an hour you can live like royalty by shopping only at Poundstretchers.

Biiiiiiiiiiiirmingham!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's almost what I'm giving up
IndieChick
Report 16 years ago
Because I'm doing an Access course, I know lots of older students. The oldest one is 40, and she's going to go to Uni, and good luck to her. From what I've heard, universities like the enthusiasm of students who are a bit older. My course ranges from between 20 (me) to 40 years, so it's never too late!
soilman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most freshers here will be 17 when I begin my third semester, and I will be a big second year. Time to terrorise...
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I will be 22 when I start in september...
valcandy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
i think thats too young to be honest but you probably dont care.
Being 20 or 21 wont matter at all, freshers will mix with second and third years, there will be 18 year olds who look 21, and 21 year old who look 18 so dont worry.
lol. Well, I'm very mature for a 16 year old (being a girl helps:P). Probably more mature than most people in my school. I think I can cope.
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by valcandy)
Ack! I'll be 16, going on 17...
WOAH! SO not quite legal binge drinking then...
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'll turn 19 about a month before i start uni. some of myfriends who are off to uni next year are 20 and 21 though so don#'t feel worried about it, you certainly wont be left out
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.76%
Confident (30)
11.95%
Indifferent (43)
17.13%
Unsure (67)
26.69%
Worried (89)
35.46%

Watched Threads