Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Policy to control UK population growth?!?!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Saw on facebook something about Boris banging on how the transport system of London needs so many billions invested because the population of London is increasing so much.

So why don't they just stop admitting millions of non-skilled immigrants? What is this obsession with population growth???

ReputationRep:
    It's much easier said then done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    It's much easier said then done.
    Its much easier done with fewer people!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst the UK remains part of the EU we can not control immigration. Nearly half a billion have the right to move to the UK tomorrow. Vote UKIP if you want the UK to be able to control immigration.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy with population growth. Indeed I'd not be adverse to it being higher.

If we stop writing blank cheques for the NHS we can build infrastructure with the money saved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'm very happy with population growth. Indeed I'd not be adverse to it being higher.

If we stop writing blank cheques for the NHS we can build infrastructure with the money saved.
    The NHS would be one of the things which would need more money, I'd expect.

Tories. They can't be trusted with the NHS. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, the banks can and do create money from nothing and charge it to future generations......so people go to where the perceived money is.
    Reduce welfare (that includes 'welfare' paid to bankers) and immigration will reduce.
    ......but...... There are no political parties that can do this.

Be interesting to have a couple of referenda.
    Who should pay for today's benefits?
    1. The current generation
    2. Future generations.

...and of course another one

How should those payments be met?
    1. Voluntarily
    2. Forcibly under threat of violence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixy49)
    Reduce welfare (that includes 'welfare' paid to bankers) and immigration will reduce.
    Will it? Other countries have more generous welfare systems than us. There is no evidence of welfare tourism either.

So I don't think you're right...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course we will need to give it more money but we don't need the increases that people think. The NHS recently said it needed 30bn but its funding gastric bands, its funding hymen replacements, its dealing with broken arms that could be sorted via very cheap outpatient insurance (I was quoted 7 per month).

We can't do much about heart surgery and nor should we, big operations should always be free and available. But, just as Tesco looks at which products it offers, we should also look at what the NHS offers and whether money can be better spent. The Tories have actually cut 20bn internally but the money has been reallocated to cancer drugs for example. We can cut further in a similar way.

Give the NHS what it needs, not what it wants.

ReputationRep:
    Will it? Other countries have more generous welfare systems than us. There is no evidence of welfare tourism either.

So I don't think you're right...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What would be the level of immigration today, if the NHS had stopped being free at the point of use, say, twenty years ago?

ReputationRep:
    Stop letting in upwards of half a million foreigners a year would be a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Of course we will need to give it more money but we don't need the increases that people think. The NHS recently said it needed 30bn but its funding gastric bands, its funding hymen replacements, its dealing with broken arms that could be sorted via very cheap outpatient insurance (I was quoted 7 per month).

We can't do much about heart surgery and nor should we, big operations should always be free and available. But, just as Tesco looks at which products it offers, we should also look at what the NHS offers and whether money can be better spent. The Tories have actually cut 20bn internally but the money has been reallocated to cancer drugs for example. We can cut further in a similar way.

Give the NHS what it needs, not what it wants.
    Well we clearly do not want to be getting into the position of requiring individuals to take out insurance. Also, I'd still allow for the treatments you mention to be carried out on the NHS - so long as there was medical necessity.

I want to keep my NHS as one of the best health care providers in the world thank you very much. I don't think we do that with the sort of mentality demonstrated in your post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well we clearly do not want to be getting into the position of requiring individuals to take out insurance. Also, I'd still allow for the treatments you mention to be carried out on the NHS - so long as there was medical necessity.

I want to keep my NHS as one of the best health care providers in the world thank you very much. I don't think we do that with the sort of mentality demonstrated in your post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Define necessity. We fund transgender operations.

On the contrary, a leaner NHS will be a better NHS.

Insurance would only be for outpatient services.

ReputationRep:
    Why is population growth a bad thing? What they've done is do everything to decrease the birth rate like birth control, drinks that decrease birth rate and even feminism that seems to have divided the sexes. Some agreed to this thinking controlling the population was a good thing to do in the long run but what happened? Now you're left is with a dying aging population like Europe and Japan's. The increase in population and birth rate is only from mass immigration, which means Europe's native population will one day largely be African and Asian.Women need to have 2 children on average, or you're left with a decreasing aging population. At least Japan has a relatively large population in comparison to Europe's and isn't been replaced with immigration. Actually immigration makes it even worse, because then you have intermixing. If you're not having White children, but instead having mixed race children it's no different to have no kids at all. Genocide by deisgn.

ReputationRep:
    The UK already has quite a low population growth rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soviet EUnion)
    Why is population growth a bad thing? What they've done is do everything to decrease the birth rate like birth control, drinks that decrease birth rate and even feminism that seems to have divided the sexes. Some agreed to this thinking controlling the population was a good thing to do in the long run but what happened? Now you're left is with a dying aging population like Europe and Japan's. The increase in population and birth rate is only from mass immigration, which means Europe's native population will one day largely be African and Asian.Women need to have 2 children on average, or you're left with a decreasing aging population. At least Japan has a relatively large population in comparison to Europe's and isn't been replaced with immigration. Actually immigration makes it even worse, because then you have intermixing. If you're not having White children, but instead having mixed race children it's no different to have no kids at all. Genocide by deisgn.
    Ah, the white genocide crap again. Well, I'll give you credit where it's due, at least you wrote it in your own words rather than copying and pasting.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *cough* Gordon Brown's PFI schemes *cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Saw on facebook something about Boris banging on how the transport system of London needs so many billions invested because the population of London is increasing so much.

So why don't they just stop admitting millions of non-skilled immigrants? What is this obsession with population growth???
    Vote Conservative, for a 2017 referendum.

The only party to guarantee us a referendum.

Non-EU immigration has already been reduced massively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)

London still has a lower population than in the past...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Vote Conservative, for a 2017 referendum.

The only party to guarantee us a referendum.

Non-EU immigration has already been reduced massively.
    There are no guarantees in life, even if they got in in May the Govt could fall before a 2017 referendum.

Vote UKIP to skip out the fannying around of a referendum.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.