Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anon please.
    So, there is a guy in my new friendship group who I'm pretty close with and today he told me that he'd fallen for me.
    It wasn't a total surprise because we do a lot together and we text all the time. I really like him, like hanging out with him more than with pretty much every guy I met before. The only thing is, that I'm not really that attracted to him physically. He doesn't look bad at all, it's just his body, I guess because he's chubby :/ I know how that sounds, but please don't comment anything mean. Sometimes this just happens. I don't really know what to do now, since I really like him but I'm not that capable of imagining kissing or doing very intimate stuff with him. I really need some advice. Does that happen a lot? Does it change when I get to know him better, when we hang out more and I actually develop feelings for him? Because I actually don't care, it's just the intimate stuff. I would really like it to work out, but I don't want to destroy our awesome friendship by taking something to far that might just not fit.

Please help me, if there is anyone that was in the same situation, I would really appreciate some experiences. But it doesn't matter who replies, I'm happy about all the help I can get

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you just be honest with him? Tell him that you don't really see yourself in an intimate relationship with him. It's not rocket science.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.