Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for people who have a chemistry offer from Warwick and intend to have it as their firm choice Are people getting typical offers?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm so glad someone made a thread for this. I got a conditional offer for MChem chemistry with medicinal chemistry AAB, but they informed me I will be accepted too if I get ABB to Bsc chemistry with medicinal chemistry and move afterwards Im 99% it's my firm choice so I hope I will see you next year ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it would be good to find other chemistry people before we go ah wow well done!! Im doing Mchem thats an AAB offer Are the core lectures the same do you know? Yea now ive been rejected by oxford this is my first choice. The campus is so nice and very modern

ReputationRep:
    The first year Is the same this Id why they give you the possibility to switch between chemistry courses. I want to transfer to medicine if possible or do medicine postgraduate and I thought Warwick would give me a good first degree knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Ask a 4th year Warwick Chemist anything :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Ask a 4th year Warwick Chemist anything :pierre:
    Are you in year 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ruxy)
    Are you in year 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    would you recommend a straight MChem , industrial experience, professional experience or a year abroad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Hmht)
    would you recommend a straight MChem , industrial experience, professional experience or a year abroad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go for the one with the lowest entry requirement . The industrial experience, year abroad and professional experiences are NOT UCAS dependant, but 2nd year grade dependant. If you're not achieving a 1st or a high 2.1 by second year, you won't be considered for any of them, regardless of whether you applied through UCAS to them (they'll just adjust your course code in office). Saying that, if you apply to the MChem, you will be offered the year abroad, professional experience and industrial experience if you get the grades, and will just adjust your course code in office :yep:

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the help I got an offer for the masters and intend to do the masters. I was just wondering what the best route will be to go down? Do the extra things or just do the straight MChem course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you all receive a chemistry open day invitation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yea got one when I got my offer back in October and I have already been Have you got one coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah on 7th of February

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    right so basically I have an open day invitation but I lost my prospectus and I don't actually know when it starts and where to go (building and all that). Can any of you take some pictures and send them to me here or on a private message please? I would highly appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    How far is the Sherbourne Residencies from the Life Sciences Building, how many minutes walk for instance?
    Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Hmht)
    thank you for the help I got an offer for the masters and intend to do the masters. I was just wondering what the best route will be to go down? Do the extra things or just do the straight MChem course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The best thing to do would be to do the professional experience, which is essentially 3 months in an abroad university in 3rd year :yep: . Year in industry and year abroad are both a BIG gamble as to whether you will enjoy the experience, as if you don't, you're stuck there for a year . I'd do the professional experience and try and get some other work experience over one of the summers

(Original post by markyp33)
    Hi
    How far is the Sherbourne Residencies from the Life Sciences Building, how many minutes walk for instance?
    Thanks
    From Life Sciences? Depends on the route, but would take you 30-40 minutes :yep: . You could do it in 20 if you walked fast

ReputationRep:
    High, I've got an offer for MChem and am making Warwick my firm choice. I was thinking about doing a gap year between 3rd and 4th year to do a year in industry or abroad. Would anyone advise me against doing so?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just recently got on offer for AAA for the MChem course, has anyon else got anything similar?

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.