Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many Distinctions to get Distinction overall (Subsidiary Diploma) watch

ReputationRep:
    I need a Distinction in my BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Business (and AB in my A-Level subjects) to get into the uni I want to go to, but, for personal reasons, I'm really struggling to keep up with my work this year, and I'm worried I won't get it.

Last year, I got 2 Ds and an M. What would I need this year to come out with a Distinction overall?

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 Distinctions in all my Units last year and I'm studying BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport and BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Science (Applied Biology). Meaning I came out with Distinction overall in both. I think you have to get all Distinctions and one Merit

ReputationRep:
    According to my college these are the different grades you will need So because you got 2D's an 1M you should only need 3M's. (The box In the tables is the single grade box)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlannaHJP)
    I need a Distinction in my BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Business (and AB in my A-Level subjects) to get into the uni I want to go to, but, for personal reasons, I'm really struggling to keep up with my work this year, and I'm worried I won't get it.

Last year, I got 2 Ds and an M. What would I need this year to come out with a Distinction overall?
    For Distinction you need 500 points which is 2 D's and 4 M's (so for you 3 M's this year)

For D* you need 530 points which is 5 D's and one M so you will need 3 D's this year

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiePotter)
    According to my college these are the different grades you will need So because you got 2D's an 1M you should only need 3M's. (The box In the tables is the single grade box)
    I think they have it wrong for the subsidiary diploma as you need 530 points for D* (not 520)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.