Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I want to study Fashion Design at university, and Regent's caught my eye, and I really wanted to put it as one of my choices, since it's one of the few unis with a higher chance of accepting me, it looks great, and I only want to study in London city. So I was reading about their fashion course, when I noticed the £11k a year fees. I don't know if student finance would cover that (yes, i'm late in my application, i've had 0 help with it so i've been doing it alone, not the easiest task, and I only just got my reference email sent today. fml.) I have no idea about how to apply for Student Finance either, so i'm probably really late on that too, but i'm juggling 2 NCFE level 3 qualifications that I HAVE to get good grades in to get into university, plus doing my UCAS forms all alone, plus managing various other life problems at the same time. Uuuugh. Anyway, my questions are 1. Is Regents University worth those fees 2. How the heck will I go about paying said fees, like how does it work? (Sorry i'm dim xD) 3. How do I go about contacting student finance anyway? xD

ReputationRep:
    No it isnt worth the money. It has ZERO academic credibility.

Its a London 'college' set up for American students to spend a 'Year in Europe' and has now morphed into offering places to UK students. Dont go there.

For Fashion Design go to somewhere like UAL, Falmouth or Bath Spa.
    Btw, a joint degree in Fashion wit something like Business or Marketing will be MUCH more useful to you than Fashion on its own - Brighton is the best for this (and its a great arty city to live in).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for answering, I was just panicking again xD
    I like Brighton, but it's where my ex boyfriend lives and he has a massive friend circle and family (Greek family of like 50 members) and there are a lot of memories there, which would be difficult to escape with that amount of people. I'm really looking at studying in London as my family are all from there and I have friends there and an established knowledge of some of the areas, plus my mother lived there right up until I was a baby so she's been advising me on living areas and best entertainment etc, and she's currently in the midlands with my SEN brother, so I wouldn't want to go anywhere I can't get to her if she needs me, and Brighton is around 4 hours by train to my house, from previous journeys. I'll look at these others you mentioned though, thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.