The Student Room Group

Annoying flatmate or me being oversensitive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by voiceofreason234
Course it's a valid reason, since OP's implication is that it's not acceptable to do this at 'night time' when 'most people' are sleeping.

I'm saying this 'most people' thing isn't anywhere near correct. At uni it's extremely common for students to sleep a lot of the day and be up all night. Why should he conform to her sleeping pattern?

Absolutely no one likes people who bitch and whine about this sort of thing. Just buy some ear plugs if it's that big of a deal, problem solved.

It's called having manners and showing respect for other people. Or is too much to ask to expect someone to keep their noise down?

Ear plugs don't block out all noise either.
Reply 21
Course it's a valid reason, since OP's implication is that it's not acceptable to do this at 'night time' when 'most people' are sleeping.

I'm saying this 'most people' thing isn't anywhere near correct. At uni it's extremely common for students to sleep a lot of the day and be up all night. Why should he conform to her sleeping pattern?

Absolutely no one likes people who bitch and whine about this sort of thing. Just buy some ear plugs if it's that big of a deal, problem solved.

I'm not suggesting he conforms to my sleeping pattern, he can do what he wants, as long as he's letting me sleep with regards to my sleeping pattern. I have to be up early most days so I have to sleep at night as opposed to during the day. If he wants to be awake at night he can carry on, but I don't like when he forces me to be awake too, since I have no other choice but sleep at night.

In other news, thank you very much everyone for your suggestions.
You get annoyed that he keeps you up when you want to sleep.

But you're awake when he's asleep right (presuming he sleeps during most of the daytime if he's up until the early hours of the morning). Does he have the right to tell you to quit talking on skype at 10am because it's keeping him up?

If not that I suggest suck it up. Situations like this are part and parcel of sharing a house. It's like people who whine constantly about cleaning the kitchen or dirty pots been left in the sink...it happens everywhere and is totally standard. No one likes a complainer.

o shut the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: up you inconsiderate :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: why are the responders being so nice to this noisy baboon are you a monkey! are you a farm animal...shut the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: up and keep quiet during unsociable times. waste of space inconsiderate people in this world nowadays no one go live with voice of reason hes probably one of those nasty people who dont wipe his ass when he shits and leaves all the nasty moldy stuff in your kitchen for you to inhale and get sick from. people like you are gross and disgusting and should live in a pig sty away from normal people. your so called justifications for this dudes loud mouthed behavior is ridiculous
lol you should make loads of noise during the day to wake him up and piss him off, then he’ll realise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending