Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone

I am an international student with offers to study MSc in Finance from both QMUL and University of Exeter. Location, student life and everything aside, I would like to know which university would offer me a better edge career wise or in securing a training contract?

Exeter has a better ranking within UK (Nationally) while globally, QMUL ranks higher than Exeter. This is creating a lot of confusion. I have to take a decion in a week's time. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunalm2102)
    Hello Everyone

I am an international student with offers to study MSc in Finance from both QMUL and University of Exeter. Location, student life and everything aside, I would like to know which university would offer me a better edge career wise or in securing a training contract?

Exeter has a better ranking within UK (Nationally) while globally, QMUL ranks higher than Exeter. This is creating a lot of confusion. I have to take a decion in a week's time. Please help.

Thanks in advance!
    These large firms do not care about rankings, they do not go out their way to check the rankings.
    Often the reputation is known well enough such that these people would already heard of them, so ranking is kinda pointless.

Internationally QM is known, however the majority of internationl students ask for University of London to be written on their degree as it has recognition.

ReputationRep:
    Both institutions are well respected, if you go to either you'll be in with a good chance of securing a TC, provided you get competitive grades and undertake relevant work experience. If you really can't decide, go for the location you'd be happiest, and most productive, studying in. Personally, I read law at Exeter. Their study abroad scheme clinched it for me, as I had the opportunity to seek out a unique life experience and to develop skills attractive to international law firms. Good luck with choosing

ReputationRep:
    I've been considering QMUL and Exeter as well- I've decided on QM because of the university's atmosphere and the course (Literature and Linguistics) had an extra edge. Both are pretty high up on the league tables and in the Russell Group- for my course QM had a little but more than Exeter.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.