Just wanted to get some opinions on this. I've applied to three unis- had an interview for one and been offered a place. I'm certain that this uni is my first choice. I've been offered an interview at one of my other choices and still waiting to hear from the last one.
Is it worth attending the second interview, or should I accept the place I've been offered at what would have been my first choice anyway and withdraw my application from the other two unis?
Any input appreciated
If you've already been offered a place in your first choice uni... Watch
- Thread Starter
- 08-01-2015 10:58
Offline21ReputationRep:Very Important PosterPS Reviewer
- Very Important Poster
- PS Reviewer
- 08-01-2015 11:24
If you only have one offer then you can't have an insurance choice - depending on your qualifications and the offer conditions for your first choice that might not matter.
Although it's polite to let universities know if you're not interested anymore I would generally caution against burning your bridges too soon. Even if you're certain it is possible that circumstances will change between now and September. UCAS don't ask for you to commit to an offer until early May/June (depending on when you get your last offer)....it is sensible to keep your options open until April at the latest.
Even if you're certain then attending interviews elsewhere could be a good idea. At the worst it will mean you can be more confident that you've made the right decision and give you some more interview experience.