Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm look to do maths GCSE past exam papers. As many as possible and want to start soon. I'm doing math A edexcel. And I'm wondering if id benifit from doing maths b or linear maths from other exam boards. Advice? There are quite a few to maths a but I want as many as possible.

Also do you think this is possible for English too? I'm doing edexcel igcse engish A and they do a b version

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!!? Advice any one?

ReputationRep:
    Really no one can give me any advice... I'd get more comments if this thread was called trololololololololololololololol olol. Seriously sad tbh..

ReputationRep:
    Probably put your question in the wrong place.
    There's a maths forum and a specific maths exams forum where it might have attracted more attention.
    My advice based on teaching and tutoring experiences would be that most of your revision should be with resources designed for your specific examiner. Although the content of the maths syllabus is identical between examiners, the style of questions and topics that they favour do very vary. If your examiner has an A and B syllabus consider doing papers from both as the style of questions will be similar. Also do papers from previous specifications offered by your examiner but keep in mind they won't have the problem solving and written communication questions found in current exams.

Do papers from other examiners only when you feel you have mastered them from your own - they will help test and prepare you for unexpected questions.

If you are preparing for edexcel syllabus A there is a new book of practice exam papers that is worth buying as it has lots of the problem solving questions that seemed to trouble candidates last summer.

I have no idea about english.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.