Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Removing staff from fb? watch

Announcements

I removed male staff i work with whom i added on my fb.
    I am a girl aged 18.
    Is it wrong with what I have done?
    What can i do if it is wrong and would they feel bad?
    Should I go to them and say a reason for why i've removed them?
    Please advise me in good way

ReputationRep:
    You can be friends with whoever you want on facebook and you shouldn't feel the need to explain yourself after unfriending someone. There is nothing wrong with what you have done and a lot of people don't like to have work colleagues on Facebook. However, they may approach you and ask you why so think about how you will respond. If I were you I would simply give the reason that you want to keep your work and private lives separate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I removed male staff i work with whom i added on my fb.
    I am a girl aged 18.
    Is it wrong with what I have done?
    What can i do if it is wrong and would they feel bad?
    Should I go to them and say a reason for why i've removed them?
    Please advise me in good way
    Well why did you remove him, if you removed him because you wanna keep your work and personal life separate just say that, if there is another reason then it really depends why you did it. I wouldn't bring it up tbh unless you think he will notice it.

(Original post by Sereni)
    Well why did you remove him, if you removed him because you wanna keep your work and personal life separate just say that, if there is another reason then it really depends why you did it. I wouldn't bring it up tbh unless you think he will notice it.
    The reason I am being looked for marriage proposals at home so needed to remove them.
    Is that a good and acceptable reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The reason I am being looked for marriage proposals at home so needed to remove them.
    Is that a good and acceptable reason?
    Lol i don't really know what that means, you mean people are evaluating if you are worth marrying? If thats the reason I would just use the line of seperating work and personal lives. On a seperate note though you need to remember you are not property, you shouldnt tolerate people sizing you up for marriage, marry someone you love. I understand that in some cultures that might be difficult but if you live in england be aware that you have rights and libertes and one ofthose is to not be treated like cattle.

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly acceptable to want to keep your work life and your private life separate. I don't like adding anyone I've worked with on Facebook; or if I do, I put them on limited profile.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Do whatever you're comfortable with.

Personally I only have a few work colleagues on facebook who I consider friends and have met up with outside of work. Everyone else gets declined and blocked.

(Original post by Sereni)
    Lol i don't really know what that means, you mean people are evaluating if you are worth marrying? If thats the reason I would just use the line of seperating work and personal lives. On a seperate note though you need to remember you are not property, you shouldnt tolerate people sizing you up for marriage, marry someone you love. I understand that in some cultures that might be difficult but if you live in england be aware that you have rights and libertes and one ofthose is to not be treated like cattle.
    I loved a guy and I guess he did..But all in all, he left me marrying another girl. :sadnod:

(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    It's perfectly acceptable to want to keep your work life and your private life separate. I don't like adding anyone I've worked with on Facebook; or if I do, I put them on limited profile.
    No worked with them on fb but worked with them at office.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.