The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Obviously not that common. All the school around my area get a week off :smile:
Xtrm2Matt
Obviously not that common. All the school around my area get a week off :smile:

:dito:
Reply 3
Okay, a question to those of you that don't - do you feel you would benefit from having 2 weeks off instead of just one?
My old school gets two weeks off this half term, as always, but it is a private school. All state schools/colleges seem to get just the week, and maybe an extra "Teacher Training" day.
Reply 5
calcium878
My old school gets two weeks off this half term, as always, but it is a private school. All state schools/colleges seem to get just the week, and maybe an extra "Teacher Training" day.

That's a point, all the schools I know of gettings 2 weeks off are private schools as well.
katejones55
That's a point, all the schools I know of gettings 2 weeks off are private schools as well.

Lucky beggars - my brother is still at my old school so he's in his second week off! *Jealous* :p:
Reply 7
calcium878
Lucky beggars - my brother is still at my old school so he's in his second week off! *Jealous* :p:

Heh. The people I know of are in their first week at the moment, I think.
Reply 8
loads of my friends have 2 weeks. lots of private schools have, they are all in their first week.
Reply 9
Most schools in my area get 1 week, 5 days off. This is because the LEA has changed the way the holidays work, so this one has been extended :wink:
I only have a week and a day, but 2 weeks I would definitely benefit from.

Latest

Trending

Trending