Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I am thinking of going to uni this year. I am married and my husband is self employed and earns ok. But with rent and life in London if I don't get a loan only with his income we will struggle.
    Does he have to be my sponsor ?
    can't I apply only with my income (I work now but will give up work to study)
    • Thread Starter

    Do more I read the more confused I get .....

    Is my salary taken into acount or not ?

    I am 30, married with one child. What is taken into account as income ?

    pls help
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    If you're married we will always take your husbands income into consideration so yes, he will need to be your sponsor if you wish to apply based on household income. We will take into consideration any taxable income he had in the 2 years prior to the academic year you are studying.

    We do not look at the student's income from wages. We would however look at any interest from banks, dividends, pensions or income from property that you may have. If none of these apply to you then we do not take into consideration any income from you.

Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.