Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm interested in getting people's view points on this. Girls about guys and guys about girls.

The question is, what is it that truly makes you attracted to a person? I suppose for arguments sakes before people start spouting the nonsense of "as long as they got a good personality I'll be attracted to them " line, which doesn't work anymore let's talk about physical attributes. If it was only about personality these days I'm sure there wouldn't be so many insecure people.

I've had a few conversations with women over the last few years and it seems to be a general consensus amongst them that men must be well built, straight white teeth, chizzled jaw, sparkling blue eyes and most of all covered in tattoos. The tattoos one seems to be the biggest turn on for girls these days and I've seen guys get rejected for not having them which I find to be the most utterly shallow thing.

I have a friend who is with a really hot girl and she openly admits she doesn't find him very attractive but his amazing sleeve on his built body is what she went for. We joke about this a lot but I can't help inside resent her for joining that redic shallow mentality of girls out there. Because she's actually pretty cool. But not when she openly admits she's all about cherry picking attributes.

What do you guys think? What do you go for? Be perfect kym honest.

Ugh every man and his dog has a sleeve tattoo. So unoriginal.

I go for sarcastic, intelligent, attractive, ambitious and someone who's as much of a freak as me.

Also, someone who can instantly turn you on.

Obv other stuff but cba writing an essay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of tattoos at all :erm: I wouldn't reject someone purely because they had tattoos but I'd...prefer they didn't. I'm not that attracted to blue eyes on guys either. Much prefer brown or hazel :daydreaming: Someone taller than me, dark hair, a bit of meat/even some chub is nice. Oh and a thick beard :coma:

If we're talking about more than looks though, I'm attracted to people who can make me laugh, have similar interests, intelligent, a bit strange.

Ultimately both looks and personality are important. I couldn't be with someone who I didn't get along with on a deeper level just because they were attractive and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly I'd have to be physically attracted to them (so a pretty face, good figure, & nice long hair). Then comes things like a good personality, so they have to be nice & bubbly, have some common interests, a similar sense of humour, be someone I can have good stimulating conversations with etc

I wish precious illusions wouldn't talk about me in forums

ReputationRep:
    Oops I went anonymous with ther above comment. FAIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I'm not a fan of tattoos at all :erm: I wouldn't reject someone purely because they had tattoos but I'd...prefer they didn't. I'm not that attracted to blue eyes on guys either. Much prefer brown or hazel :daydreaming: Someone taller than me, dark hair, a bit of meat/even some chub is nice. Oh and a thick beard :coma:

If we're talking about more than looks though, I'm attracted to people who can make me laugh, have similar interests, intelligent, a bit strange.

Ultimately both looks and personality are important. I couldn't be with someone who I didn't get along with on a deeper level just because they were attractive and vice versa.
    Thick beards...here we come!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=353829&stc=1

http://kingrichardarmitage.rgcwp.com...HeathRA-27.jpg
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg a6e6e5634485aa19ffc6f317527f3ce9.jpg (65.1 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wish precious illusions wouldn't talk about me in forums
    What?

Pretty much everyone looks better with a beard :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    What?

Pretty much everyone looks better with a beard :yep:
    Haha, finally!!!!!!!

I grow a beard myself

ReputationRep:
    I don't care for tattoos or any of what you stated above to be honest. His teeth would have to be in good nick though, they don't have to be glistening in my eyes and what not. I don't think I've ever taken notice of a guys jaw before..Eye colour is irrelevant to me.

As long as he's cute /handsome/ hot in my eyes, takes care of his well being and his personality is on point then it's all good. To be honest I like what I like, if I'm attracted to you then I'll have my reasons... I can't pin point off the top of my head.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.