Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fallen For a Flatmate, Need Advice? watch

Announcements

So i'm in my first year of Uni and when i first moved in i was in a relationship, that ended not too long after and so did my flatmates relationship, this turned into each other comforting one another during a difficult period as they were both long term relationships (both over 3 years). 1 night we got really drunk in the flat and slept together which was great but now i have fallen for her and i don't know what to do. i have told her i like and she has stated that the feeling is mutual but its not caused anything and i am terrified of asking her out for the fact she is a flatmate and i have heard a lot of bad comes from that if it were to go wrong, i would just like to have some peace of mind right now because all i can think about is her and i know if i ask her out it will either go brilliantly or it will make for a terribly awkward situation. Can anyone give advice that may help?

ReputationRep:
    3 years is a really long time to be in a relationship and even if she likes you, she might need some time to fully get over the past relationship or just have time to herself being single for a while. Talk to her; find out where she stands on relationships, but don't rush her into anything.

ReputationRep:
    You've had a slice of sexy pie with her
    . That's the first thumbs uplease in your favour. If you had the balls to go balls deep inside of the girl you claim you have fallen for, you seriously telling me you haven't got the confidence to take it to the next level?
    Mate its a woman's perogative to make men do the chasing and making us think they're not interested so we don't get bored. It's a game to them and right now you're losing. Start winning.
    I bet you she's spoke about you to her friends. She's putty in your hands you just got to nail her a gooden more until she can't help but emotionally need you. You'll soon see the roles reverse. Just don't let her think she holds the cards.
    Remember in sex it's her who lays on her back waiting for you. No you lay on your back and make her come to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryuken22)
    . That's the first thumbs uplease in your favour. If you had the balls to go balls deep inside of the girl you claim you have fallen for, you seriously telling me you haven't got the confidence to take it to the next level?
    Mate its a woman's perogative to make men do the chasing and making us think they're not interested so we don't get bored. It's a game to them and right now you're losing. Start winning.
    I bet you she's spoke about you to her friends. She's putty in your hands you just got to nail her a gooden more until she can't help but emotionally need you. You'll soon see the roles reverse. Just don't let her think she holds the cards.
    Remember in sex it's her who lays on her back waiting for you. No you lay on your back and make her come to you.

This guy is almost certainly terrible in bed if that's his attitude...

ReputationRep:
    Relationships with flatmates aren't as bad as people make out. My friend broke up with his girlfriend who was a flatmate and it wasn't awkward at all, everyone just forgot about it after about a week.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it's already a pretty awkward situation. I suggest you go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophyla)
    This guy is almost certainly terrible in bed if that's his attitude...
    You can't have "almost certainly" you're either certain about something or you're not. In this case if you were certain. You'd certainly be very wrong.

Yes it was a very manly reply but that's Bro talk from one guy to another. He knows what I mean because he's a man who can read between the banter lines. You are a woman. You can only read the labels on shoes and bags so you wouldn't really understand what we're saying here.

ReputationRep:
    You can't have "almost certainly" you're either certain about something or you're not. In this case if you were certain. You'd certainly be very wrong.

Yes it was a very manly reply but that's Bro talk from one guy to another. He knows what I mean because he's a man who can read between the banter lines. You are a woman. You can only read the labels on shoes and bags so you wouldn't really understand what we're saying here.
    You sexist pig! I can be almost certain, almost certain is where the probability is close to one.

ReputationRep:

Haha good one

honestly that as weird as it sounds kinda helped, without the whole sex thing involved in this it would be decent advice, still has anyone else got a more appropriate opinion? :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.