Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am 16, 17 in a few days, and I have been clean for over a year i injured for about 5. I have always hidden my scars and only one of my friends knows and my youth worker at church. My youth worker has said that I don't need to tell my parents because I am not currently injuring myself and because of my mother and I and the family's relationship with her. I have PE in the afternoon, and as it gets warmer, the sweatshirt I wear is really going to affect me. I want to be able to take it off for PE class, we have a uniformed short sleeve shirt. I have some very noticeable scars even though it has been a long time, and I am very worried my parents will get notified.

Since you're under 18 it may be that because you're considered a child they may speak to them about it if they see you as being at risk but I'm not sure. If they feel they need to report it or anything I'm pretty sure they'd speak with you first directly though and then if you explain the situation about how you aren't currently harming then they may not speak to them, but I can't say for certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.