Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently experiencing a problem. I study A-Level Drama & Theatre Studies and during the Christmas holidays most nights I went to sleep between 2 and 4am usualy awaking around midday and it's not really changed these two days I've been back. The past two nights I went to bed at 2 and 3 am, respectively and waking up between 6:30 and 7am

The problem I'm experiencing is when it comes to Drama I cannot seem to remember one line without messing it up, sounds weird, huh?

We went along the line, each person announced one line of the prologue of Romeo & Juliet. I could feel my heart beating, I kept looking at the book and when it came to it, most of the time I messed it up and either didn't say it in the correct rhythm (my teacher wanted us to somewhat turn it into a rap, aha) or just forget words out.

Now, I don't actually know whether it's down to the lack of sleep and I can't actually think about what I'm doing or down to the fact that I may be over thinking too much that my mind cannot process it.

What are your thoughts? All help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hi, I would definitely say that is due to lack of sleep. Also, the fact that you are overthinking is likely a cause of any further problems sleeping and hence the reason why you can't remember lines very well. If you had an early night (ie around 10/11) you'd feel refreshed and have more mental clarity. So please get some sleep for your own benefit! If it's becoming a problem, you could try chamomile tea which is a natural sleep aid, or turning off any electrical devices and bright lights an hour before sleep. Alternatively, avoiding caffeine and maybe even speaking to your Gp could help.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll attempt earlier nights in the coming days. Thanks for giving me your time, it's much appreciated,

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.