Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you tell the difference between someone who's drunk and someone who's stoned? watch

ReputationRep:
    With some people, drinking and smoking weed can have similar effects on people, such as droopy eyes and having the giggles. But what are the differences between the two?

In my experience drunk people tend to be louder and more talkative, whereas stoned people are usually a bit more mellowed and seem to be in their own world and people who are high talk a bit more calmly.

Alcohol is a strange one though, because it can have different effects on people. For some, it turns them into aggressive monsters whilst it makes others more friendly and up for a laugh. Whereas weed seems to just chill everyone who smokes it out.

So from my experience, alcohol makes people more extroverted, weed makes people more introverted.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen an aggressive stoner before and it isn't pretty. Depending on the strain of weed and the person you can get pretty paranoid people, very relaxed and happy ones, and people who are practically comatose.

Alcohol seems to have different effects on different people, and the amount that you drink and the speed that you drink also has an effect. A few beers rarely gets people that drunk that their personality is noticeably different. Also if someone paces themselves throughout the day drinking slowly the effect is also milder, and they are more likely to fall asleep than anything else. I often think that alcohol just exaggerates people's emotions, if someone is happy before drinking they'll usually be a pretty happy and fun drunk. If someone is depressed or angry before drinking they might get a mean streak when drunk. But no matter what the mood too much booze can lead to someone crying in the corner for no reason, which is never fun.

Very easy to tell them apart in my opinion. One stinks of weed, the other stinks of booze.

ReputationRep:
    Weed gives you the munchies....

Plus the littlest thing becomes hilarious.

:leaf:

ReputationRep:
    Tell them their mum was great in bed.

If they're drunk they'll swing for you, if they're stoned they'll just sit there and giggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    I've seen an aggressive stoner before and it isn't pretty. Depending on the strain of weed and the person you can get pretty paranoid people, very relaxed and happy ones, and people who are practically comatose.

Alcohol seems to have different effects on different people, and the amount that you drink and the speed that you drink also has an effect. A few beers rarely gets people that drunk that their personality is noticeably different. Also if someone paces themselves throughout the day drinking slowly the effect is also milder, and they are more likely to fall asleep than anything else. I often think that alcohol just exaggerates people's emotions, if someone is happy before drinking they'll usually be a pretty happy and fun drunk. If someone is depressed or angry before drinking they might get a mean streak when drunk. But no matter what the mood too much booze can lead to someone crying in the corner for no reason, which is never fun.

Very easy to tell them apart in my opinion. One stinks of weed, the other stinks of booze.
    Some people who smoke it regularly suffer from psychosis. Though that might be more to do with their mental state generally, and weed just makes it worse.

I actually stopped smoking weed because it would make me paranoid and uncomfortable, and I haven't touched a spliff since I was about seventeen now. The only times I genuinely enjoyed being high was when I'd already had a few drinks. But I'm the only one who has smoked it and felt that way, everyone else I know who has done it seems to have enjoyed it.

Whereas oddly alcohol has never made me aggressive, but more relaxed and sociable, even if my drinking has come at the end of a bad day or whatever. The only bad experiences I've had when drunk has been the obvious throwing up.

(Original post by chazwomaq)
    Weed gives you the munchies....

Plus the littlest thing becomes hilarious.

:leaf:
    True, but I've also found that with people who can handle their drink and not become aggressive ********s, that the littlest thing becomes hilarious for drunk people as well. There's been times when I've been out with mates and we've just laughed at the most stupid things.

ReputationRep:
    Never touched drugs myself (my life is already amazing!!) although arguably nothing wrong with smoking a plant - as long as you don't brag about it.

Drunk people smell of alcohol and you only notice it when you are not drunk yourself. It is obnoxious and I hate to think of myself like that but if I am drunk I tend not to care

ReputationRep:
    The eyes, the smell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    Never touched drugs myself (my life is already amazing!!) although arguably nothing wrong with smoking a plant - as long as you don't brag about it.

Drunk people smell of alcohol and you only notice it when you are not drunk yourself. It is obnoxious and I hate to think of myself like that but if I am drunk I tend not to care
    It's probably easier to spot a drunk person when you're sober than a stoned person. Especially walking through town on a Friday or Saturday night.

Whereas anyone you walk past could be stoned.

ReputationRep:
    Being drunk affects people differently, stoned you can tell from the smell and their eyes and how giggly they are. And hopefully you can tell the difference in smell between alcohol and weed
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Ask them the time.

ReputationRep:
    Stop trying to figure out when people are stoned, you are freaking us out.

ReputationRep:
    Drunk people act silly, tired and loving.

Stoned people just act plain weird and they have this look on their face like "what on earths going on"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by songforclay90)
    It's probably easier to spot a drunk person when you're sober than a stoned person. Especially walking through town on a Friday or Saturday night.

Whereas anyone you walk past could be stoned.
    Very true.

Walk through anywhere near me and anyone you walk past in all probability is stoned be it a Fri/Sat night or not!

ReputationRep:
    The eyes are the most obvious thing, baked people have red droopy eyes. I get red eye pretty severely, so it's hard to pretend I'm not stoned. Not that I'm stoned all that often.

ReputationRep:
    Your pupils apparently. I've never been stoned so I wouldn't know. But I chat **** when I'm drunk.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJRVleE3_Q

ReputationRep:
    Weed makes you laugh at pretty much everything where as with alcohol it affects people differently but it makes me more talkative and sociable, in a good way though. Definitely more controlled than being stoned (for me especially at what I laugh at ha)

ReputationRep:
    What about people who are stoned and drunk at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Ask Taliban, they stone people all the time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    What about people who are stoned and drunk at the same time?
    They are probably tweaking out in a dark room with feces smeared on the walls let's be honest.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.