Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have exams in a week and I was wondering what you guys find are the most helpful exam preparation tactics. I'm planning on just reading through my lecture notes and solving as many past papers as possible... but I'm not sure if that's enough. This is my first exam in uni and I rly want to do well (perhaps I should've started earlier but shhh ) Anyway, any other good tactics/tips? Do you find note-taking helpful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_chemist)
    I have exams in a week and I was wondering what you guys find are the most helpful exam preparation tactics. I'm planning on just reading through my lecture notes and solving as many past papers as possible... but I'm not sure if that's enough. This is my first exam in uni and I rly want to do well (perhaps I should've started earlier but shhh ) Anyway, any other good tactics/tips? Do you find note-taking helpful?
    Definitely should have started earlier haha! I find that if you revise constantly as you're learning, it helps more in the long run but that's just what works for me :P

Try making flashcards with questions on one side and answers on the other so you can test yourself. Reading through your notes is always good as long as they aren't too longwinded - short and simple works best but make sure you have all the info in there. Past papers are good like you said. Ermmm... trying to think what else haha! Spider diagrams maybe? Watching videos on the topics you're studying would probably work too!
    Doing a bit of revision the night before and a little in the morning of the exam helps me a lot because it's fresh in my memory but make sure you get a good amount of sleep! - Focus on what you find more challenging and spend slightly more time on that but don't neglect the stuff you think you know!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.