The Student Room Group

pretty sure I've screwed up my A2 mocks; help!!!!

Ok, well I've done mocks for 2/3 a2 subjects, and I am terribly afraid I have done abysmally. I revised SO much for one of the subjects, I thought the exam had gone pretty well, I whizzed through the paper with 45 minutes to spare and then checked the mark scheme for that particular paper online as it was a past paper and the MS was available.
Although it would seem I have done well in the first section, it appears I completely misunderstood the 2nd section and I think it's unlikely I'll get a good grade overall. I know it's just a mock, but the experience has frightened me and it was a subject I was hoping to get an A* in in the real thing :s-smilie:

The 2nd mock was my worst subject, so I was never expecting to get an A but was hoping for at least a high C low B in the mock. However, I reckon I've got a U :s-smilie:

Was just wondering, how important are these mocks? If my predictions about my grades are correct, and I really have done badly, should I just give up?!

I need at least AAB to study law at university, although I was really aiming for A*AB/AAA :s-smilie:
Just put in more work throughout the rest of the year. Realistically if you can't hack A levels, uni will be so defeating.

I did badly in A2 mocks and turned it around by the end of the year. Good luck.
This is the point of mocks, so you make mistakes now and learn from them so you don't repeat them in the real thing.

You should never give up. You can get AAB+

It sounds like the knowledge may be there if you've worked hard. That 50% of the challenge.

You need to focus on exam technique. Past papers after past papers.

Put it this way, I bet 95%+ of those who got A* in the real thing didn't get A*'s all year round in their mocks/topic tests. So should they have given up? of course not.

It's hard to take now, but you screwing up in your mock (if you did, still sounds like you might have overworried about it) has made you more prepared for the real thing.

If you put the work in to understand, and brush up on your exam technique, the only thing that can let you down is confidence. Believe in yourself :smile:
Hi, don't panic until you get the actual results. Move on. If you think you've done badly (which you probably haven't, we all have a tendency to assume the worst after exams) then take this as a lesson to revise more effectively and ensure you understand everything. If you revised really hard for that subject, maybe your exam technique let you down? If so, just keep practicing and definitely ask your teacher for help.

Lastly, try not to worry! I'm doing as level at the moment so I can't offer insight into how important a2 mocks are, but I do know that worrying is so futile and distracts you from improving- plus, most of the time you'll end up surprising yourself and getting good grades!

Quick Reply

Latest