English and History Watch

school/uni
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've received offers from Leicester, Kent and Royal Holloway all for ABB and was wondering if anyone had any insight into which is best? I'm so torn between them all!

Thanks
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by school/uni)
I've received offers from Leicester, Kent and Royal Holloway all for ABB and was wondering if anyone had any insight into which is best? I'm so torn between them all!

Thanks
I doubt anyone will be able to offer advice on all three to be honest. However I am happy to try and answer any questions you might have about Leicester and the history side of the degree. I might not know everything as I've graduated already and also did a joint honours with history so don't know all of their options.

If you are really torn between them and it includes having looked at the modules you will be doing first year why not look at the options available for current second years? They might change one or two but essentially they won't be a huge overall. If you've done that, then the best option is just a pros and cons list for all three including all details like course content, cost of living, societies on offer, local amenities, nightlife (if that's important to you).

I'd also recommend going and looking on all three campuses (for a second look if you've been once). You'll be spending 3 years there. Always going to better to study somewhere you know you'll like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.38%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (66)
9.76%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.2%

Watched Threads