When to start revising for June 2015 Exams?

Watch
oni176
Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

When should we start revising for the Summer exams? I started doing Maths already, and do some Science, but not sure when to start others. Any advice?
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whenever you want. Earlier the better. Just make sure you do it all. But don't worry if you don't/haven't soon/yet, I didn't start till Easter and did fine (9A*2A).
livvydibby
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
June 2015
Horsegirl01302
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
February! Revising for my Unit 1 Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by oni176)
Hi,

When should we start revising for the Summer exams? I started doing Maths already, and do some Science, but not sure when to start others. Any advice?
Hopefully will start in March for my May/June exams. Think about how many exams you have, any weaker subjects/more important ones you need more time on etc Don't start too late that you won't have time to do everything, or too early that you lose motivation to revise nearer the time
diana99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Start now for the best outcome in August!

Posted from TSR Mobile
WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by oni176)
Hi,

I started in Christmas holidays, came out with 2A*s and 8As.
However stress was my limiting factor, literally I have some white hair now.
If I had not stressed I would have got like 7A*s and 3As :/
Make sure to relax in the exams, as this isn't your only chance, but don't get too comfortable either.
oni176
Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I don't want to start Geography, Citizenship and Religion too early to be honest. Getting A/A*'s in the core subjects are very important to me. For the Controlled Assessments, I either got A or A* in them, so it's fine but the exams are worrying me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LenniesRabbit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm thinking Febuary? I believe there is a two week holiday around mid Feburary. As someone mentioned before, core subjects would be my priority. Right now i'm slowly creating my own revision guides for English and Religious Studies for easy revision when the time comes.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I did GCSEs, I didn't start until after Easter. Came out with 3A*, 6A and a C on top of the 2A* and a B I already had. (So 5A*, 6A, a B and a C.)

I'm now doing my A2 exams and I won't start studying until Easter. I think it really depends on the person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads