Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seeing a flat mate but unsure of what I want HELP watch

I first started sleeping with my flat mate around 2 months ago. We made the agreement that we would just sleep with eachother after telling eachother that we liked eachother, but we thought it wouldnt get in the way. This was good for about a month, when she asked for exclusivity and I said yes. We carried it on, sleeping with eachother daily, until the christmas holidays. We have been to eachothers over christmas and visited eachothers family, however, this has scared me as it has made it into a 'serious' relationship. I did not come to uni looking for a relationship and wanted to 'play the field' a bit, I also sometimes feel like i 'can do better' and getting serious after being at uni for just 3 months seems like a bad idea (I am a fresher). I get a suffocating feeling and feel like my freedom may be slipping away. However, I have grown to like her and love having someone in the house who I can be myself around and have for cuddles etc and I spend lots of time with her, I just dont know whether I like her enough to get that serious, ie. I cant see myself falling in love with her. The fact she is also a flat mate rings alarm bells.
    I have spoke to her about it, and we are on a break until we go back to uni. If anyone has any advice to what I should do I would love it as I feel helpless here haaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I first started sleeping with my flat mate around 2 months ago. We made the agreement that we would just sleep with eachother after telling eachother that we liked eachother, but we thought it wouldnt get in the way. This was good for about a month, when she asked for exclusivity and I said yes. We carried it on, sleeping with eachother daily, until the christmas holidays. We have been to eachothers over christmas and visited eachothers family, however, this has scared me as it has made it into a 'serious' relationship. I did not come to uni looking for a relationship and wanted to 'play the field' a bit, I also sometimes feel like i 'can do better' and getting serious after being at uni for just 3 months seems like a bad idea (I am a fresher). I get a suffocating feeling and feel like my freedom may be slipping away. However, I have grown to like her and love having someone in the house who I can be myself around and have for cuddles etc and I spend lots of time with her, I just dont know whether I like her enough to get that serious, ie. I cant see myself falling in love with her. The fact she is also a flat mate rings alarm bells.
    I have spoke to her about it, and we are on a break until we go back to uni. If anyone has any advice to what I should do I would love it as I feel helpless here haaha
    Find someone you truly care about, you know this is not the one, so why waste time with her, when you could be spending it with the right person.

Just think, every night you stay in with her, you could be out with your mates and find the right girl. I made this mistake with my ex, but now I'm with the most amazong guy ever, three years strong now , hope this helps you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.