Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever met someone who reminded you exactly of someone you've met in the past? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking because I had this experience recently and am interested in hearing if it's happened to other people as well.

When I was at secondary school, there was a teaching assistant a few years older than me called Pascale. He was in several of my lessons and I knew him for about 2 or 3 years. Although I can´t say we were ever Friends, I used to speak to him sometimes and obviously because he was in a lot of my lessons I saw quite a lot of him and got to know his general personality quite well.

Last summer, in July 2014, I had to do jury service. On the same jury as me was a guy who reminded me identically of pascale in every aspect of his personality. I was with him on the same jury for 2 weeks so also saw a lot of him through interaction, etc.

Obviously I am familiar with the idea that there are different types of people, and I´ve met people who I would say are similar, but the resemblance between these two guys was uncanny.

They had the same tone and manner of voice, same views on things, same facial expressions and mannerisms, the same way of walking, and even the same head movements and way of sitting.

Their manner of social interaction was absolutely identical, and they responded to things in exactly the same way. It was actually a weird experience for me because they resembled one another so remarkably.

They had also done similar jobs and dressed alike. Even from a physical standpoint, they had both the same height and build. although obviously their faces were distinguishable from one another.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Tell me about it! Also would be interested to hear people's opinions on how this occurs from a sociological standpoint.

PS. Please no rubbish or rude posts as I am not looking for an argument, but simply opened this thread as a point of interest.

ReputationRep:
    Yep someone's boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend I had in February of last year...

ReputationRep:
    When I went to upper school there was about 3 middle schools that met, and in my first year I found that loads of people from my school had a person that I was reminded of by people from the other 2 schools.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.