The Student Room Group

How to get out of the friendzone?

Well?

Scroll to see replies

Be not desperate for a relationship. Be more social. More friendly and more polite. Less controlling and less demanding etc.
Just remember that there's only so much that you can do as the opposite party must have some degree of interest in you.
Stop being friends.
Go on that show Friendzone i lurrrrvvvvvvvvee dat show!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The friendzone doesn't exist and is a convenient way to make you feel better about the fact that your 'object of affection' just isn't attracted to you. I'd suggest you get over it.
Reply 6
it doesn't exist
The frienddoor
Not allow yourself to get into the friendzone in the first place. But if you are in the zone you have to distance yourself from her for a significant period of time and return transformed so she has to see you in a different light.
In my opinion there is no such thing as the 'friendzone', if someone doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, they don't want to be, simple as that. You can't break out of the friendzone and force someone to love you. Friendzone is just another social construct created to make people feel better about rejection and put blame on the other person for not loving them.
Reply 10
Accept that the sentiment is one-sided and you're not likely going ot change their decision in the near future.

Move on, find someone who reciprocates your feelings.
Original post by nomorerevision
In my opinion there is no such thing as the 'friendzone', if someone doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, they don't want to be, simple as that. You can't break out of the friendzone and force someone to love you. Friendzone is just another social construct created to make people feel better about rejection and put blame on the other person for not loving them.

I had someone tell me how lovely I was how she thought about me every day and that they should be with me. Still ****ed me over. I had the last laugh a year on though mind.
If your in this supposed zone what it basically means is you're attracted to them but they do not want your D, and have never had any urges or thoughts about you in that way.

Therefore, you cannot escape. In doing so you could at best, have a girlfriend that doesn't like you. Sounds like a waste of time to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once I consider you a friend you're in too deep. There's no coming out, you're basically drowning in the friendzone. So I've got nothing really.
Out of the friendzone?
That's a myth.
Just make a move

Posted from TSR Mobile
leave them and form a new, better, band
Just kiss da girlll!!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Just kiss da girlll!!!!

Shalalalalala my oh my!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by nomorerevision

I think the concept does exist. It does happen that someone doesn't want to have a sexual relationship but is willing, perhaps even genuinely wants to, offer friendship. This leads to a tense friendship which some American sitcom branded 'friendszone'. Don't think it makes the rejected person feel any better nor reflects badly on the rejector. Agree with you that there is no way to transform this to love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending