Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm a proficient linguist in year 9, hoping to take iGCSE French early (by two years).

I was wondering whether anybody has any experience of taking French - or any subject, for that matter - early, and any advice that they may be willing to offer.

Moreover, I have been told that if I do not get an A* the first time, I can simply retake it (albeit at a surplus cost) and it won't be put on my record, i.e. if I do it the second time and get an A*, I can just put down (e.g. UCAS) that I have taken the exam and received an A*, without at all mentioning my previous failure and that the receipt of the A* was obtained from a retake.

Could anybody clear this up, as I am hearing several sides to the story. I need to be sure that if I were to do the exam again (upon the unlikely event) that this would not have a repercussion on the way in which I appear academically to a university.

Thanks very much in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.