Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to the following colleges for Masters in International Relations - LSE, SOAS, Sussex, Royal holloway london, Kings College london and Durham
    I have received an offer from Durham for MA IR (middle east)
    Im waiting for replies from other universities. Also, I am considering applying to University of Edinburgh for Masters in International Affairs. I need help choosing which between these also suggestions on other universities that offer good courses in IR.
    Considering finding a job immediately after studies is my main priority, which are the best choices?

ReputationRep:
    Of the universities you mentioned I think LSE and Durham (for the ME focus) are probably the best choices. Then all other options have pros and cons and it really depends on what you want to do afterwards (NGOs, IOs, diplomacy, journalism, PhD, consultancy, etc...) and what kind of concentration you would like (IR theory, development, regional focus, IPE/Econ)... So it's very hard to say you anything precise with the information you provided.

Other top schools you might want to look at are: St Andrews, Essex, UCL

ReputationRep:
    I would really love to go to Durham but really don't want to focus on middle east. I got offer letters from sussex and RHUL.
    Its a choice between these three for now.. What would you suggest? Im still hoping to get into KCL or LSE though.

ReputationRep:
    Between Sussex and RHUL I'd say Sussex is stronger for IR...

ReputationRep:
    what about SOAS?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.