Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys Jthis is my first post so sorry if I make any mistakes, post it in the wrong placeetc
    So at the moment I am taking English lit, maths, physics andpolitics for AS level as I’m in my first year of college. This is because Ithought I would be going into engineering (as I enjoy physics and it was suggestedto me by futurewise who gave me a careers personality test) or English as I havealways wanted to become an author.
    However, when I was younger I was always making/inventingthings, and design technology was one of my favourite subjects up until I droppedit in year 10 so I was able to take music gcse. I also considered taking it forAS level, but I figured that politics would go better with English, as well asknowing that I will do well in an essay subject whereas I wasn’t so sure with apractical subject like product design.
    Recently, however, I have been looking at universitydegrees, and realise that perhaps a degree in product design is what I wouldreally like to do. What I am thinking I might do is drop maths at A2, and pickup AS product design, then take a year to work and finish product design Alevel once I’ve finished the rest of my A levels. (btw a degree in engineeringor industrial design is out as I have come to despite maths and am definitelydropping it this year).
    So my questions to you are:
    How hard is product design a level, especially for someone whodidn’t take it at gcse?
    How much work does it involve (especially in relation tophysics and English, which seem to basically have no workload at the moment)?
    To anyone taking the degree, what’s it like?
    Does taking a year out to finish my product design a levelas well as working to get money for uni sound like a good idea or would unislook down on it?
    Is it difficult to take three A2 subjects as well as an ASlevel?

Thankyou J
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.