Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Today we lost a family friend. Bit confused about how it happened Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I learnt today that a family friend has passed away. He wasn't old, maybe early 50's. I've not seen him for around 6 years, but he played a large part in my growing up and I had many laughs with him.

After speaking to a family member I learnt that he had been told he had a sickness bug early last week, but last Thursday he had a stroke, and today passed away of a heart attack.

What I am struggling to understand is how can a sickness bug invoke a stroke? Or is it possible the doctors mistook the symptoms?

It's a little shocking, and a sad loss.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

The stroke was could have been unrelated to the sickness bug, but I'm not his doctor so wouldn't know. Stay strong, and all the best.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.