The Student Room Group

Panicking about AS Mocks

I've done Biology, Chemistry and Maths C1 today and i've done pretty badly. Especially Biology, I think i might even have failed it and got a U.
In addition to this to make me more worried my school said that to continue you need 4 Es.

I haven't even got my results and I'm already devastated. Do you think if I use this month to work my socks off they might be a bit sympathetic when I get my results?
If you do do badly, then use it as motivation for yourself to revise more/better for the actual examanations in May/June :smile: I'm sure you've done fine haha
I have my mocks next week for Maths,Chemistry,English and Economics and I'm terrified! I'm sure you did ok :smile: My mate got a U in her C1 mock and in the retake she scraped a D. Then in the real thing she got an A :smile: The same can happen to you
Reply 3
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I have my mocks next week for Maths,Chemistry,English and Economics and I'm terrified! I'm sure you did ok :smile: My mate got a U in her C1 mock and in the retake she scraped a D. Then in the real thing she got an A :smile: The same can happen to you

But what if the school threatens to kick me out. It makes no sense to do this based on mocks but they've done it before so they're not just saying it. The 4 Es was for the mocks not the actual AS.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sami10
I've done Biology, Chemistry and Maths C1 today and i've done pretty badly. Especially Biology, I think i might even have failed it and got a U.
In addition to this to make me more worried my school said that to continue you need 4 Es.

I haven't even got my results and I'm already devastated. Do you think if I use this month to work my socks off they might be a bit sympathetic when I get my results?

Lots of people, due to lack of time or other factors, do badly in their mocks and then do great in the real exam. Don't worry - just work harder for the real exams since they're the ones that matter :smile:
Original post by sami10
But what if the school threatens to kick me out. It makes no sense to do this based on mocks but they've done it before so they're not just saying it.

What kind of school does that?:eek:
Reply 6
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What kind of school does that?:eek:

Our school is trying to get good grades by kicking out people who they don't expect to get them.

Quick Reply

Latest