Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have been offered a conditional offer for the psychology degree at liverpool. i currently live in manchester and travel to liverpool will be verry verry expensive. However liverpool is my top choice and my family are trying to convince me to go to man met as it is closer...i am not sure what to do?
    moving out is not a solid option as my parents dont want me to move out..
    does is really matter which uni i go to for my degree?

    thank you in advance!

    You have to do what is right for you and you have to move out sooner or later. If you want to go to Liverpool go it is a much higher ranked uni than Manchester Met, a fantastic city and ultimately it's your career that will depend on this degree and your money that will be paying for it later and not your family's.

    It isn't your parent's choice whether you move out or not either as you are an adult now and entitled to do what you please. So just do what is right for you and try to explain to your parents why you're making the decisions you're making and be sure about it that might help bring them along with you.

    It can't be your parent's choice!! It has to be your own as you're an adult now.

    Moving out is part of the Uni experience so I'd definitely recommend it. Liverpool is a much better uni than Manc Met also!

    A lot of people that didn't move out didn't make as many friends or have as good a time at Uni, so definitely consider it, Liverpool is an amazing city and is only 30 mins from Manchester. Maybe get some advice off your teachers or something on talking to your parents?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2015
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources


University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.