Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I'm a lone parent studying NVQ Level 2 hairdressing course and I plan on going onto L3 in September. my tution fees for the NVQ L2 are funded but i have to get a student loan to do my L3. I've applied for the hardship fund and still waiting to receive my payment which is not much! i'm not entitled to a bus pass and i'm now struggling to pay my everyday bills and travel costs to college plus all the extras i need to cover on my course. I read somewhere about a Maintenance Grant, would i be able to apply for one or is there anything else i can apply for financial help???? I'm also receiving income support whilst studying full time.

    Any help is very much appreciated!
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.