Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, understand the repayments of the tuition fees - but how is the maintenance loan repaid ? same system as tuition ? but separately or do you pay both back as the one calculation ? any help appreciated
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

The loans are repaid the same. Any loans you have been given will be added together to give an overall balance which will then be repaid once you are earning over the threshold.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, however can you confirm ref any interest, i believe theres no interest added to the tuition fees / but I'm sure I saw an interest calculation for the maintenance loans ? (i sincerley hope not)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendalhatrick)
    Thanks, however can you confirm ref any interest, i believe theres no interest added to the tuition fees / but I'm sure I saw an interest calculation for the maintenance loans ? (i sincerley hope not)
    Interest is added to your loan from the very first day it is paid to you.

ReputationRep:
    so no interest on tuition loan but interest applied to maintenance loan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendalhatrick)
    so no interest on tuition loan but interest applied to maintenance loan?
    You pay interest on everything
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

All loans will accrue interest at the same rate as soon as they are paid. For information on interest rates please see here; http://bit.ly/1GhZr9c

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.