The Student Room Group

Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

I think most people ask this as a sort of compliment (at least in my experience), or because it can be an interesting conversation starter if your answer is yes?

Depending on who's asking, I have different reactions (ranging from comfortable answers to awkward uh....s), but I usually just say the truth: that I don't see a point in dating just yet when I've got a lot of other stuff going on that I'd prefer to spend time on
Original post by Silver Arrow
Holy **** you're hot!

You make me blush.

Original post by Bedo
*25 minutes in MY bed each day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You wouldn't want me in your bed.

I steal all the covers in my sleep and then like some sort of monster, throw them on the floor.

I'd kick me out of bed to be honest. :nothing:
It's as if people think that the way to be human is to have someone that love through being a relationship which I don't agree with.
you find someone when your ready.
I’m single myself as much as I’d like to be in arelationship, I’d want to find the right person then to just be in arelationship just for the sake of it and just because others are telling metoo.
Original post by Vikki1805
You make me blush.

I wanna make you do more than that :wink:
Original post by Silver Arrow
I wanna make you do more than that :wink:

You're cheeky.
Single because I have yet to pursue a girl for her number.
I tend to run off if anything gets too serious too fast due to commitment issues, so the two 'almost-relationships' I've had in the past year kind of block the possibility really...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You make me blush.

You have a very long neck :indiff:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You have a very long neck :indiff:

Never a comment I've received before, but I'm going to take it as a compliment.

Rather a long neck, than a stubby one. :pierre:

Rather a long neck, than a stubby one. :pierre:

When you grow old it will look resemble a seal's or walrus' :smile:
Socially awkward, and I keep turning people down.

I just really don't want to be in a relationship and people can't take this as a justifiable reason why I don't want a boyfriend! :mad:
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
When you grow old it will look resemble a seal's or walrus' :smile:

That's highly unlikely.

:smug:
Reply 171
Original post by Dr Pesto
Well I imagine he was always gay, so it's not like you "turned" him or anything.

Nah didn't mean it like that! It was just a surprise because he definitely did not come across that way and he had a girlfriend for a while.

Sure why not. Was just a neutral statement more than anything. I also have a long neck. We are obviously the perfect match on this basis alone :knuddel:

I'm sure you can fit me into your busy schedule.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sure why not. Was just a neutral statement more than anything. I also have a long neck. We are obviously the perfect match on this basis alone :knuddel:

I'm sure you can fit me into your busy schedule.

I'd have to give up those extra 25 minutes of sleeping if I did that though.
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Socially awkward, and I keep turning people down.

I just really don't want to be in a relationship and people can't take this as a justifiable reason why I don't want a boyfriend! :mad:

To make myself feel better I like to think this is the reason I have been turned down as I tend to erm... target.... people who are somewhat shy. Maybe they just don't want a boyfriend and nothing is wrong with me :smile:

This positivity (or delusion) doesn't last very long though :erm:

I'd have to give up those extra 25 minutes of sleeping if I did that though.

I'm not sure I can last that long

:tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
To make myself feel better I like to think this is the reason I have been turned down as I tend to erm... target.... people who are somewhat shy. Maybe they just don't want a boyfriend and nothing is wrong with me :smile:

This positivity (or delusion) doesn't last very long though :erm:

I'm not sure I can last that long

:tongue:

That includes the cigarette I'll need after though.
That includes the cigarette I'll need after though.

Eww... smoker :poke:
Eww... smoker :poke:

Sorry.
Original post by Robbo-92
I'm single because of how shy/quiet I am around new people I meet, so I don't have the confidence to ask people I like if they ever fancy doing something.

So yeah, it's probably going to be me waiting on someone asking me out, which never happens as men are meant to make the first move right? ;p

I feel the same way, but I'm a girl:frown:

edit; also, I have no idea when someone is interested or not, because I've felt like someone might be a few times, but that they may also be scared to make a move. I'm just so hopeless at this kind of thing. I seem to be invisible in the world of dating.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 179
Original post by Tarte Tatin
I feel the same way, but I'm a girl:frown:

edit; also, I have no idea when someone is interested or not, because I've felt like someone might be a few times, but that they may also be scared to make a move. I'm just so hopeless at this kind of thing. I seem to be invisible in the world of dating.

That's when you need to be daring and make your move. Fortune favours the bold!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending