Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "INCORPORATE LONDON"

Hey,

Anybody know of some houses up for shared student tenancy in London?
    Max rent of upto 350-375 with bills included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhanaviMathur)
    Hey,

Anybody know of some houses up for shared student tenancy in London?
    Max rent of upto 350-375 with bills included.
    Firstly this isn't the best place to ask, secondly if your looking for September 2015 it will be a while before anything is advertised in London.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying. But do you think something that cheap would be available? Basically, I'm an international student and need to book a place before leaving for summer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying. But do you think something that cheap would be available? Basically, I'm an international student and need to book a place before leaving for summer.
    I don't live in London but I live in Brighton which is supposed to be cheaper than London and that's cheap for Brighton so I doubt you'd get a decent place for that but I'll let someone who knows more clarify for you.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt you would get anything for this price unless you shared with a lot of people or lived slightly further out of London

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard its generally very hard to book more than a couple of months in advance in London because the market is so fast moving. And I would agree with others your price range does sound rather low. Your usually looking at an absolute minimum of £375 without bills.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for replying. I'm looking to share with another friend. So that makes it around £750-800.
    @jelly1000 when do you reckon will be a better time to look? Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not gonna be here for four months before September and it's important I have a place booked before I am due to come back.

PS. I really appreciate all of your help since I'm so new to UK. Thanks a ton!

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at Student Letting Agency, Long Let Studios London. My friend rented studio flat from them in Kensington area of Central London. All bills included weekly rent in the range what you mentioned (Although I hope you mean £350-375 per week and not monthly). They are next to tube station and have number of flats in the same building so might be helpful if you and your friend want to live close to each other.

In regards to the best time to look and book the place, you can may be arrange to book a place that is certain to become available later in the year (when the old tenants contract finishes) when you want to move in. The letting agency do know when the properties will become available so may not be that big a problem, although I am not sure on this.

All the best!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Updated the title to incorporate London - hopefully you'll get more attention.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You're highly unlikely to find something months in advance unless you're willing to pay rent starting immediately. The rent market moves very quickly in London. I've moved houses 3 times and all 3 times have found a place within a week. Realistically for London you'd be looking to pay upwards of £100/week with all bills included though I'd probably budge for more like £130-150.

spareroom is your best bet for house shares and rightmove for whole properties. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scirocks)
    Have a look at Student Letting Agency, Long Let Studios London. My friend rented studio flat from them in Kensington area of Central London. All bills included weekly rent in the range what you mentioned (Although I hope you mean £350-375 per week and not monthly). They are next to tube station and have number of flats in the same building so might be helpful if you and your friend want to live close to each other.

In regards to the best time to look and book the place, you can may be arrange to book a place that is certain to become available later in the year (when the old tenants contract finishes) when you want to move in. The letting agency do know when the properties will become available so may not be that big a problem, although I am not sure on this.

All the best!
    Sorry... did you say £350-375 a week???
    I heard london was expensive, but that's crazy!

ReputationRep:
    You need to budget around £200/week for zone 1-2 and around £150/week for zone 3+

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got a Bronze studio avaliable. It's a 51week contract starting from 06Sept15, with kitchen, bathroom, Smart TV and double bed. The location is in London,North Acton zone2/3 and all bills are included; the price will be £229 per week. Maybe this helps?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should have a go with nestpick online platform...

ReputationRep:
    you will have to accept the prices in london. Im staying at Pure City and it costs 209 a week but its totally worth it. Check itout!
    the rroms are big and people are amazing. The facilities are also amazing and no added costs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.