Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since t

ReputationRep:
    Exam solutions definately

ReputationRep:
    Draw really clear force diagrams for statics questions.

Which topics are you finding hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green22)
    Exam solutions definately
    but I want more information on the topics. He covers the topics quite briefly, is there anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Draw really clear force diagrams for statics questions.

Which topics are you finding hard?
    Statics and vectors. I really need a lot of help. The book is quite useless too as in the examples.

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoy teaching mechanics so will try to help you. Which textbook do you have?

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoy teaching mechanics so will try to help you. Which textbook do you have?
    The edexcel AS level m1 textbook (orange colour)

ReputationRep:
    Orange and purple with a picture of a metal structure in the purple bit?

ReputationRep:
    yes that one

ReputationRep:
    OK - that is the latest version.

There are lots of past M1 papers back to 2001 - try some statics questions and get back to me when you get stuck.

Most can be solved by resolving in two perpendicular directions; when there is a slope these are best chosen as parallel and perpendicular to the slops.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't advise using that book, it has too many printed errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    I wouldn't advise using that book, it has too many printed errors.
    Then can you please suggest me what books and resources please. My exam board is edexcel. I really need help thanks

ReputationRep:
    OP I use that textbook and its fine if you supplement it with past papers.

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r.../M1/module.php has videos which some students find useful.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...-M1-%286677%29 has all the M1 past papers - I'd start with the oldest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narain)
    Then can you please suggest me what books and resources please. My exam board is edexcel. I really need help thanks
    This is your best resource: http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...cification.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narain)
    but I want more information on the topics. He covers the topics quite briefly, is there anyone else?
    Tbh I don't know...check out ukmathsteacher and maths24/7(I think) on youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    This is your best resource: http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...cification.php
    I used it for c1 and I learnt alot and now able to do papers myself and achieve high marks. His explanations for the topics are not that good for m1. However his past paper explanations are amazing. Maybe Im feeling down because my maths teacher for tests always gives us hard questions from like delphis and soloman papers. I really struggle to do the delphis ones, the soloman ones are fine to be honest. Every test he gives us the toughest questions and makes us assume mechanics is really tough. Maybe I should just focus on the examboard ones like on exam solutuions. My teacher is not marking or making the real exam in june. As long as i can do the edexcel ones I shall be fine. Thanks people for your help. Wish you well for your exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.