Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ex slept with someone day after split watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am so devastated, I haven't stopped crying for three weeks. My boyfriend of three years split up with me three weeks ago, and i found out today he had slept with someone the next day. Last week we met up and he said he hadn't been with anyone and that he still loved me and wanted a future, but to take things slow. I am so broken over this. I rang him and he tried to deny it and then said it was none of my business. I don't know what to do. He has cheated on me in the past, and I forgave him. He was my first real relationship (met at 19) and I feel abandoned by someone who wanted a future with me. I really need advice, I'm in such a bad place.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a ****. You're better off without him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whalker)
    I am so devastated, I haven't stopped crying for three weeks. My boyfriend of three years split up with me three weeks ago, and i found out today he had slept with someone the next day. Last week we met up and he said he hadn't been with anyone and that he still loved me and wanted a future, but to take things slow. I am so broken over this. I rang him and he tried to deny it and then said it was none of my business. I don't know what to do. He has cheated on me in the past, and I forgave him. He was my first real relationship (met at 19) and I feel abandoned by someone who wanted a future with me. I really need advice, I'm in such a bad place.
    That's horrific - I feel so sorry for you :/ A similar thing happened to me recently. I found that the best way to deal with it is to remove the person from your life completely. Eradicate all memories, reminders, contact details, etc. and begin the process of healing. This person cannot stay in your life any longer.

I hope it improves for you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Most men are like that unfortunately,my ex's were for sure but I learnt to get over it,in time ofcourse.
    No, you just have bad taste in men

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend of three years split up with me three weeks ago, and i found out today he had slept with someone the next day … he still loved me and wanted a future
    She probably found out about you dumped him. Or he got bored.

to take things slow
    In other words, don't give him a hard time for sleeping around.

I rang him and he tried to deny it and then said it was none of my business.
    If that is so, then there is no relationship here. You are being used. Sorry.

He has cheated on me in the past, and I forgave him.
    So he knows he can sleep around and you won't give him a hard time. So he carried on.

Marry him and he will probably go on to be a serial adulterer.

I feel abandoned by someone who wanted a future with me.
    No, he had a future in mind that included you. When there was nobody else, presumably.

I don't know what to do.
    You do, otherwise you would not have posted here.

Random relationship trivia: every relationship all of us have had before the current one, failed.

He's immature and his **** rules his head. Buthe will never change with you. He knows how to manipulate you and you are not as important to him as he is to you. Again, sorry.

"You are not ready for a mature stable relationship which is what I wanted and need. You are just hurting me with your lies, on/off behaviour and sleeping around. I release you: you may go and sleep around all you want."

"Thanks for the good times, but the lying hurts too much."

However, you have gained experience and you must have had good times. Cling to the good times, forget him and move on.

ReputationRep:
    It my not seem like so but if you can cut him out of your life with your head held high fate is going to smile on you and give you a smoking hot boyfriend who is going to think the sun rises and sets on you. I can just tell

ReputationRep:
    Most men are like that unfortunately
    I wasn't. It seems like I missed out.

Going by the threads on here, many decent-sounding blokes are lonely.

ReputationRep:
    He would have done it to try and get over you. The day after, half hour after, it doesn't matter, you weren't together. I'd imagine the sex didn't mean anything.

He probably wanted to cover it up because he didn't want anything holding your relationship back. If you were together for 3 years, he clearly has feelings for you.

No relationship is perfect. Deal with it )

Most men are like that unfortunately,my ex's were for sure but I learnt to get over it,in time ofcourse.
    Men have needs as well as women. Just because females generally tend to get over people by crying, whereas some males seek meaningless sex to fulfill the same purpose, doesn't make men any less human.

At least he waited until the relationship was over.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself glammed up, hair & nails done, spray tan, make-up, new dress, heels & jewels and get yourself out there and show that **** that calls himself a man what he's missing!! Don't sit at home sulking..

Oh, and if you do plan on going back to him, word of advice... You will never EVER EVER trust him, and trust is a main key in a relationship. You need someone who you can trust and not ever have to doubt - that is important. If you stay with someone you have no trust for then you will just end up eating away at yourself and becoming some physco jelous crazy stalker girlfriend.

Be a women that a man needs, not a women that needs a man.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmlynch)
    Get yourself glammed up, hair & nails done, spray tan, make-up, new dress, heels & jewels and get yourself out there and show that **** that calls himself a man what he's missing!! Don't sit at home sulking..

Oh, and if you do plan on going back to him, word of advice... You will never EVER EVER trust him, and trust is a main key in a relationship. You need someone who you can trust and not ever have to doubt - that is important. If you stay with someone you have no trust for then you will just end up eating away at yourself and becoming some physco jelous crazy stalker girlfriend.

Be a women that a man needs, not a women that needs a man.

Good Luck
    i wish i could show him. we now live 4 hours apart, and he's just blocked me on facebook. I dont know how someone can be so heartless, he was my world.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i could show him. we now live 4 hours apart, and he's just blocked me on facebook. I dont know how someone can be so heartless, he was my world.

Im sure you have mutual friends and he is BOUND to see pictures of you on a night out with your girls. Dont let him get you down, no woman needs a man, women are independant, strong and generally have more balls than half the men in the world. Let him get on with it and he will regret it! I know its hard, but be strong, you will be just as fine without him, even better.

No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he wont make you cry.

Hold your head high babe x

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry it was bad advice. From now on just forget about him. This will take some time (usually around 2-3 months) to happen completely but it will get a hell of a lot easier each week that passes. Unfortunately, this is reality. People are, well, just people. I think we all need reminding of this at some stage. Life is about your happiness. If someone is making you unhappy, they should end up meaning nothing to you anymore. Don't worry I promise it will happen soon enough, but of course if it was so quick and easy we would never be able to fall in love in the first place.

I hope this helps in anyway, I had to learn these lessons the hardest possible way (imo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmlynch)
    Get yourself glammed up, hair & nails done, spray tan, make-up, new dress, heels & jewels and get yourself out there and show that **** that calls himself a man what he's missing!
    Or just be yourself and forget about him.

ReputationRep:
    I think its normal to feel how you feel and you're allowed a bit of time to cry and eat ice cream and dwell on it l but you've soon got to get up and dust yourself off, put on your best lip stick and hold your head up high and have more fun with the girls and with yourself, learn to enjoy things on your own and be independent , love yourself again and then maybe get yourself back out there . Although it feels it now this is not the end of the world and all you need is time to be able to see that . Throw yourself into your job or uni or whatever you are doing to channel your emotions into something else. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    That's horrific - I feel so sorry for you :/ A similar thing happened to me recently. I found that the best way to deal with it is to remove the person from your life completely. Eradicate all memories, reminders, contact details, etc. and begin the process of healing. This person cannot stay in your life any longer.

I hope it improves for you soon.
    That happened to me somewhat recently.

Meanwhile I am sort of recovering, and beginning to heal once more.

ReputationRep:
    My laday ... Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and start feeling sorry for this douche bag. He hurt you before, and you forgave him for sake of what???!! for the sake for the relationship to continue ...!!!!

For the sake that you can't imagine what your life will be after breaking up with him!!!

For the sake that he would be good, and try to care about you, as you care about him!!

You be strong ... You don't repeat your mistake before.
    Don't be nice with prick douchebag guys.

However, its really sadfull to know that the person you care about the most, he is a cheater. but this is life, and this guy will experince the same in the future. Some chicks will cheated on him, and he will know how painful is to cheat on someone you care about.

You go on ... You don't look behind. Its a page and you have to close it.

And, his cheating is a proof that he doesn't deserve you.

Be happy ... You will find someone better ...

Same thing happened to me, but by a girl. Horrible time tbh.

Killed me inside for a while, pretended to be ok on the outside as she was in the same friend circles as me but eventually I couldn't hide it and fully let go of all the anger I had.

Pretty much destroyed her emotionally and really told her where to go and made it well known by everyone what she did, people didn't look at her the same again. And when I found out who the dude was and after understanding he knew the situation, destroyed him physically. Regret my actions sometimes, but not really, glad I did what I did as you should never let people disrespect you in a manor such as this. Pretty sure they won't ever do what they did again to someone else.

Eventually cut her completely out of my life and have not looked back since, recommend this. Especially how successful I have become and how average she has become, in the grand scheme of things she did me a favour.

But never ever loose your self respect, be strong and tell whoever to go f*** themselves, if you are better, no one can touch you and your success, the ultimate revenge so to speak. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong with this. you had spilt up and it doesn't matter whther it's a day or more.

(Original post by whatevernd)
    nothing wrong with this. you had spilt up and it doesn't matter whther it's a day or more.
    Well if you have no self respect, dignity or class it doesn't. I don't think you understand that world though or you wouldn't have said that comment.

That actually sucks.
    First love and break up is always hard. Block and delete him off everything and don't speak to the nonce again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.