Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do most oriental guys look so geeky? (srs) watch

ReputationRep:
    Most oriental guys look like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n2nQEx9M55.../randomguy.jpg

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/beauty-and...09-281x374.jpg

Don't they realise their geeky appearance is a turn off to pretty much all women.

Maybe if they stopped looking like dweebs and started looking like men, more oriental women would actually date them as opposed to trying to find themselves a white guy.

Also, before PC police neg me into oblivion, not being racist just making an observation.

ReputationRep:
    bump for truth

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps looking for a woman isn't their priority at the moment. The people you've shown look relatively young so perhaps they're students. Asians are known to take their education seriously, so frankly, I'm not surprised they dress that way.

ReputationRep:
    Most probably because the media has created neurological associations of the word asian and geek in your head.

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't lift brah

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just like looking/dressing that way. Plus, some women actually dig the geeky look.

(Original post by MAINE.)

Maybe if they stopped looking like dweebs and started looking like men, more oriental women would actually date them as opposed to trying to find themselves a white guy.
    I'm curious, what does "looking like men" look like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.a.u)
    Because they don't lift brah
    haha...you aware brah?

(Original post by Ndella)
    Perhaps looking for a woman isn't their priority at the moment. The people you've shown look relatively young so perhaps they're students. Asians are known to take their education seriously, so frankly, I'm not surprised they dress that way.
    Well I see a lot of oriental guys who look like that, and yes most are probably students, but there are also a lot of oriental guys of "post-student" age that look like that.

I can understand how being serious about your education means your appearance/persona may take a bit of a back seat, but being serious about your education does not mean you have to look like a dweeb. There's no reason you can't get A*s and also look and act like a man, as opposed to a dweeb.

It just makes me laugh when I see so many oriental guys like this on other forums, and they make threads about how they have little/no success with women, and they want to know what they can do to change that.

(Original post by Em_Huong)
    Plus, some women actually dig the geeky look.
    Yes, you're right....some women do go for the geeky look - precisely 0.035% of women.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be silly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg 1420806397346.jpg (73.1 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Like someone else said, they just take their education more seriously instead of trying to hook up with girls.

ReputationRep:
    haha...you aware brah?

Well I see a lot of oriental guys who look like that, and yes most are probably students, but there are also a lot of oriental guys of "post-student" age that look like that.

I can understand how being serious about your education means your appearance/persona may take a bit of a back seat, but being serious about your education does not mean you have to look like a dweeb. There's no reason you can't get A*s and also look and act like a man, as opposed to a dweeb.

It just makes me laugh when I see so many oriental guys like this on other forums, and they make threads about how they have little/no success with women, and they want to know what they can do to change that.

Yes, you're right....some women do go for the geeky look - precisely 0.035% of women.
    You're definitely correct. But there are people who aren't very in-touch with style nor do they care about it. They probably just accept that.

ReputationRep:
    Low testosterone and poor eyesight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentistButcher)
    Hateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLalaxx)
    Hateful.
    Fact-ful.

ReputationRep:
    Fact-ful.
    Still kinda hateful. I think it's hot! A man with a brain is more important than how they look IMO.:perv:

ReputationRep:
    Nice to know you're not stereotyping OP. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Most oriental guys look like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n2nQEx9M55.../randomguy.jpg

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/beauty-and...09-281x374.jpg

Don't they realise their geeky appearance is a turn off to pretty much all women.

Also, before PC police neg me into oblivion, not being racist just making an observation.
    At least they're getting their A*s instead of making generalisations on tsr, and studying at top research universities,being smart and geeky is the new cool,deal with it

ReputationRep:
    hmm perhaps all geeky oriental guys need to actually become real men is testosterone supplements

(Original post by queen-bee)
    At least they're getting their A*s instead of making generalisations on tsr, and studying at top research universities,being smart and geeky is the new cool,deal with it
    It's also possible to both get A*s and spend your time making generalisations on tsr....I would know :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Why is there a correlation between dressing like an ass and being intelligent?

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, 'cause I have never met an oriental guy who fitted that stereotype lately

OP are you still in school?

ReputationRep:
    Not all oriental men look like nerds but I have noticed many of them seem to be feminized. The ones I see look more like this:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=354083&stc=1
    Attachments Pending Approval
  2. File Type: jpg feminine-asian-male.jpg (14.6 KB)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.