Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone who have gone through to the interview process after passing the test for adult nursing at middlesex or had an interview at any point have any advice to share.

I have a nursing interview coming up with this university soon, and I would appreciate any tips that will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey am in your shoes I have interview soon will also appreciate any help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munaaf49)
    Hey am in your shoes I have interview soon will also appreciate any help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you already completed the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have and I was invited for interview and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have and I was invited for interview and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too!!! The test was lovely, and the university is really nice.

I have my interview on the 19th of January.

When do you have your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't booked yet January is too soon fore lol am waiting for a later date

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't booked yet January is too soon fore lol am waiting for a later date

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loool!!! I understand how you feel, but you to face the interview at some point muahaha!!!!

It's best to go when you are ready, but bare in mind that places are going fast. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hy I did my interview today it was pretty straight forward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hy I did my interview today it was pretty straight forward

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!!! I'm glad that you've done it ^_^

I was going to go yesterday, but I cancelled last week for next Monday instead.

I hope you get an offer

Was you nervous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had to cancel yesterday's because I have test today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you the interview was very simple I felt comfortable with the interviewers and the questions didn't feel like questions it felt more like chating wish all the best too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you the interview was very simple I felt comfortable with the interviewers and the questions didn't feel like questions it felt more like chating wish all the best too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really good, because your answers will flow naturally when you're relaxed.

Thanks for the insight, hopefully we both get in ^_^!

When are they going to get back to you on their final decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully we both get in 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi..
    I was interviewed by Middlesex University, for Adult Nursing Bsc (3 Year). And I must admit any interview for this course isn't easy because of how competitive it is. It's around 8 to 10 thousand applications they get for this course every intake.
    The questions that the interviewers asked me exactly were ..
    1.) why do you want this?
    2.) what do you think studying with us will allow you to do? Why would studying this course allow you to be able to to on placements ? What will we give you?
    3.) what's the difference between a healthcare assistant and a registered nurse ?
    4.) what problems are we facing in nursing ? Or the NHS?
    5.) what are the 6 Cs? Explain?
    6.) tell us about yourself, your character and personality.

can you see how hard the interview is? Lol
    And my interview was about 6 months ago..
    Literally the last intake so its all very current

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheano)
    Hi..
    I was interviewed by Middlesex University, for Adult Nursing Bsc (3 Year). And I must admit any interview for this course isn't easy because of how competitive it is. It's around 8 to 10 thousand applications they get for this course every intake.
    The questions that the interviewers asked me exactly were ..
    1.) why do you want this?
    2.) what do you think studying with us will allow you to do? Why would studying this course allow you to be able to to on placements ? What will we give you?
    3.) what's the difference between a healthcare assistant and a registered nurse ?
    4.) what problems are we facing in nursing ? Or the NHS?
    5.) what are the 6 Cs? Explain?
    6.) tell us about yourself, your character and personality.

can you see how hard the interview is? Lol
    And my interview was about 6 months ago..
    Literally the last intake so its all very current
    Hi,

Thank you for your insight!

They are very reasonable questions, and that's why they encourage people to do their research before the interview, hence the reason why i didn't leap into the earliest interview dates lol.

You are right. Getting onto this course is soooooo hard, especially when they eliminate applicants mostly through the skills test. A person is lucky if they are eligible to have an interview for all of their choices to increase their chances of getting on the course.

How did it go for you, and you did end up getting a place at middlesex university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyshawte)
    Hi,

Thank you for your insight!

They are very reasonable questions, and that's why they encourage people to do their research before the interview, hence the reason why i didn't leap into the earliest interview dates lol.

You are right. Getting onto this course is soooooo hard, especially when they eliminate applicants mostly through the skills test. A person is lucky if they are eligible to have an interview for all of their choices to increase their chances of getting on the course.

How did it go for you, and you did end up getting a place at middlesex university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ended up struggling to get into a uni because of how competitive the course has become, despite my high grades.
    Out of my 5 universities I only managed to get 2. And Middlesex was one of them, and I got in.
    I'm on my first year , and currently just started my first week of placement. I'm in a private hospital in a surgical ward in North london.
    It's going so good , I love it. Learning so much on placement.
    Anything else you want to know let me know.

ReputationRep:
    How long do they take to reply after the interview am still waiting and I got interviewed on the 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long do they take to reply after the interview am still waiting and I got interviewed on the 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sadly the administration team are not so good. Some of my friends didn't get any reply, not even a yes or no. Lol
    I would say wait a little bit, maybe wait until the end of the month. So that's another 2 weeks, if they haven't responded call them and ask.
    Or if you feel anxious call them and ask.
    Mine took about 2 days and I got my offer, and it was unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I rily wish they give me the offer that will settle My mind the waiting is killing rily lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheano)
    I ended up struggling to get into a uni because of how competitive the course has become, despite my high grades.
    Out of my 5 universities I only managed to get 2. And Middlesex was one of them, and I got in.
    I'm on my first year , and currently just started my first week of placement. I'm in a private hospital in a surgical ward in North london.
    It's going so good , I love it. Learning so much on placement.
    Anything else you want to know let me know.
    Congratulations on getting a place!!!

Tell me more about the student experience of studying the course at middlesex. I'd really appreciate it!

I really want to study with them and I hope that I get as much luck as you did.

P.S. What was the other uni who gave you an other, and why did you choose middlesex over that uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.