The Student Room Group

What do you have for lunch at uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A nap is the best thing I can have for lunch. Maybe noodles as a after nap snack however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
The curve eh?
That place made me broke first term. Even the water is1.70.

No, Mucci's. :frown:
Reply 22
Usually a sandwich that I've made myself. Sometimes soup or something! I'm usually away from my halls at lunch time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just started a healthy living regimen so I've been having store bought salad but from chicken or fish ecr from home to keep the cost low. I've learnt to always have water and a piece of fruit on me👌
i hardly each lunch, or breakfast for that matter. My school's canteen is tiny and over priced so i usually end up skipping it
Meal deals from tesco, sainsburys or the union. Getting sick of them and they're a fortune though. Will probably start making my own when I'm back
Original post by Walt_14
It's a general question that pops up in real life, though. How many people do you know who talk about how long they spend in the bog?

About as many that ask the world at large what they eat, or even for tht matter, regularly ask what somebody had to eat. That is, none.
Depends. If it's a weekend, or if I've just woken up, it's probably something like an omelette, scrambled egg, a Quorn bacon sandwich or a wrap of some description. If I'm going on a field trip, I'll make a flask of peppermint tea and things like wraps, Quorn scotch eggs, and plenty of snacks. If I'm with friends, we'll go out for lunch someplace, normally the SU or a cheap restaurant near campus.
Pack a sandwich usually, sometimes buy the meal deal ones though if I CBA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in 6th form and bring in sandwiches, usually Brunswick ham (sehr leckar)
At sixth form, not very much (like a nut bar of some description and a juice)
I rarely eat or I may take an apple, orange and banana
Original post by Jammy Duel
About as many that ask the world at large what they eat, or even for tht matter, regularly ask what somebody had to eat. That is, none.

And yet you continue to post in here if you feel that way? Stop finding fault with everything. How can anyone get aggravated over a simple question on an internet forum?
Depends on the day. For college days (monday, wednesday and thursday, sometimes tuesday), I bring either sandwiches or leftover pasta if I've made some the day before. Days at home, I try to make something a little more creative than sandwiches. Sometimes I have pizza. Had waffles today
Reply 34
I eat chick-nugs and pizza rolls with an Apple and D.P.
Reply 35
Something pretentious and expensive, with pretentious and expensive wine.
We have a cheap food outlet run by an independent company in the SU which does great bacon sandwiches for £2 in the morning.

If I'm in during the evening, I'll go for a jacket potato or a slice of pizza and chips. I tend to take my own food though as our canteen isn't cheap. :frown:
I packed my homemade chicken oriental salad today, with Napa cabbage, almonds, chow mein noodles and homemade honey mustard dressing :sogood:

Not expensive to make either. :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by SeanFM
For my first semester I had noodles every lunch bar Sunday, until I realised that was bad for me. Moved on to sandwiches every day.

I laughed way too much for this hahahahahaha
I make a sandwich/salad/some pasta beforehand to bring along with fruit or something. Saves a lot of money because food on campus is so expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest