Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We're looking at going away in June or July for a holiday, we'll all be 18 but we're not particularly bothered about going out and getting drunk every night. We want stuff to do during the day but not like every day. So typical water park, touristy stuff to do.

We don't want Maga or any where that's just a party island, we're not interested in that.

There's about ten of us going girls and boys, we're not looking to spend more than £500.

So any suggestions would be welcome!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Crete last year (Greece) and stayed in a place called Hersonissos. We thought it was a good place because the town itself was small with a shopping high street and bars, but it was only a 20 minute bus from the Main Street that takes you to Malia. So this location had the best of both worlds :-) we went to Malia on a day one time and there's loads of watersports on the beach.

There's also loads of boat trips from Hersonissos, you can hire your own small boat, it's not far from the main city Heraklion and there's a few waterparks close by

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds quite good actually! Can I ask how much it cost you each? Just that sounds really good & if it's not too expensive then I'll definitely tell the others about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We paid £730 but that was for 14 nights all inclusive - but you can make it a lot cheaper by going half board or bed and breakfast and go for 7 or 10 nights. It's not that expensive once you're there so it would be affordable to eat some of your meals out :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's alright then! I'll definitely bring it up to everybody lee and we'll go from there, thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi there! Myself and 7 other girls have booked to go the Palmera Beach Hotel and Spa in Hersonissos early July. Cost us £510 each for half board for a week with Thomson. We liked the look of the resort as there's nightlife in the town itself, you can go to Malia in a taxi for a night out (been told around €15 each way which we're happy to pay) and it's far enough from the strips to actually do other things in the day! Hope you've had a lot of success finding the perfect place but if not, have a little look here

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking to save some money airbnb are doing a promotion that if you sign up and book accommodation through someone else both people get £20 off if you book through that persons link, I have my link https://www.airbnb.co.in/c/ailishh6?s=3&i=1 might be worth looking at if you haven't booked it yet and I get money towards my interrail trip accomodation so both people benefit haha :') Also if there are a few people going apartments usually work out far cheaper than hotels and you get more freedom and usually more space

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.