Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 57% in my first assignment and my confidence has taken a hit. Is this normal for a first assignment? I don't want to be coming out with a 2:2 at all!!! 😔

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty average but by no means bad. It's a good baseline to work from. Loads of people start off slow and then work their way to a 2:1 / 1:1. Seriously, don't be disheartened.

ReputationRep:
    Most people get a first but you can improve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corey96)
    I got 57% in my first assignment and my confidence has taken a hit. Is this normal for a first assignment? I don't want to be coming out with a 2:2 at all!!!
    It's pretty normal. Just make sure you learn where you can improve.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine. It's first year for one and 57% isn't a bad effort for a first undergrad essay, I had barely any idea what I was doing on mine and scored 50%.

I got a 57.5% overall in year 2 of my 4 year degree. That is something to be annoyed about. I now have to claw back the percentages little by little to get back into 2:1 territory!

ReputationRep:
    Story of my life. I really wants 2:1s or 1sts next term!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.