Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can you keep on top of exams and revision? when there are 4 months left to gcses!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've already started revising for my courses. I started at the beginning of the Christmas holiday period. My mocks have finished and the results were average but my grades will require some improvement! I find that just getting your head down and having the correct mindset really does help. Assign yourself a 'time slot' where you must revise and stick to it -- don't just read from the textbook either. Make notes, do some of the questions in the textbook and you could even ask your subject teachers for advice or attend their revision sessions (if they run any). All of this should really help with your grades. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I've already started revising for my courses. I started at the beginning of the Christmas holiday period. My mocks have finished and the results were average but my grades will require some improvement! I find that just getting your head down and having the correct mindset really does help. Assign yourself a 'time slot' where you must revise and stick to it -- don't just read from the textbook either. Make notes, do some of the questions in the textbook and you could even ask your subject teachers for advice or attend their revision sessions (if they run any). All of this should really help with your grades. Best of luck!
    wow your lucky you started then how is it going? which subjects do you do! at the moment i'm listing subjects and then writing what has to be revised and then i need to know what to start with first which subjects do you reckon i have to start first and how much shall i do a day,
    also i have course works and homework's i don't want anything clashing in between anything.How do i set my time table out for a week? so that I stick to it because I know I wont stick to it! so this time it has to be organised.

ReputationRep:
    A list of what needs to be done is a good way to get started, note down each subject along with revision materials (online and offline) and try and create a revision timetable. It's only 4 months away so you shouldn't need a timetable down to the hour but try and stick to a certain amount of time each night and keep track of what you've done. It's difficult balancing it with homework, but as hard as it is you need to be doing the homework as early as possible so you clear time for revision. You could also try getting someone to set rewards for you for sticking to it, or not allowing yourself to do something until you reach your target.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by humzzay)
    wow your lucky you started then how is it going? which subjects do you do! at the moment i'm listing subjects and then writing what has to be revised and then i need to know what to start with first which subjects do you reckon i have to start first and how much shall i do a day,
    also i have course works and homework's i don't want anything clashing in between anything.How do i set my time table out for a week? so that I stick to it because I know I wont stick to it! so this time it has to be organised.
    (Original post by Polapod)
    A list of what needs to be done is a good way to get started, note down each subject along with revision materials (online and offline) and try and create a revision timetable. It's only 4 months away so you shouldn't need a timetable down to the hour but try and stick to a certain amount of time each night and keep track of what you've done. It's difficult balancing it with homework, but as hard as it is you need to be doing the homework as early as possible so you clear time for revision. You could also try getting someone to set rewards for you for sticking to it, or not allowing yourself to do something until you reach your target.
    I'm taking English Lit/Lang., Maths, Philosophy, French, Spanish, History, Computing, Science (Double Award) and Citizenship — so there's a fair bit of revision to be done! Like Polapod said, no need to keep things to the hour. Perhaps set out a plan (with the list that you're working on now), which subject is your weakest? Prioritise that and assign more time to revise. Right now, I'm doing 1-1.5hrs a night, but after the Easter holidays (start before the) I'll be upping it to 2-2.5hrs a night. The most important thing is to not lose focus, it's really easy to just stray off and do something else — but you must keep in mind how important these grades'll be getting into college, etc. (god I sound about 80..). Most importantly, get all of your homework out of the way as soon as you can! That way you won't clash with revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I'm taking English Lit/Lang., Maths, Philosophy, French, Spanish, History, Computing, Science (Double Award) and Citizenship — so there's a fair bit of revision to be done! Like Polapod said, no need to keep things to the hour. Perhaps set out a plan (with the list that you're working on now), which subject is your weakest? Prioritise that and assign more time to revise. Right now, I'm doing 1-1.5hrs a night, but after the Easter holidays (start before the) I'll be upping it to 2-2.5hrs a night. The most important thing is to not lose focus, it's really easy to just stray off and do something else — but you must keep in mind how important these grades'll be getting into college, etc. (god I sound about 80..). Most importantly, get all of your homework out of the way as soon as you can! That way you won't clash with revision.

Ahhh I see where your coming from now I need to pick out subjects which are my weakest I probably was thinking to do my core subjects first such as Maths English and science and then focus on my other subjects! And thanks so much for the advise! and It gives me more motivation that you started in the Christmas holidays! and your ahead on your revision!
    Also your doing computer science I'm doing that as well! iv actually made a thread that i need help on it because I'm doing python and its really difficult in terms of the design stages and test tables and development stages.. but id say the coding is the hardest! will you be able to help me on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polapod)
    Thank you so much this has helped me a lot i think now its time i actually get to doing it now! There's not time to waste now! Thanks so much!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.